Applications for the Nigerian Institute of Medical Research (NIMR) Grantsmanship and Mentorship Training Program 2022 are now Open for Early Career Researchers. The NIMR Foundation will be hosting its biannual Grantsmanship and Mentorship Training Program.
Nigerian Institute of Medical Research Training Program 2022
The Grantsmanship and Mentorship Training Program is aimed at building an adequate and sustainable network of committed early career researchers with an inter-disciplinary and multi-institutional collaborative approach and developing capacity for healthcare research and development in Nigeria.
The Mentorship training is a 21-day residential facilitated by a mix of diverse and highly skilled international and local researchers with verifiable track records of winning highly competitive international/local grants.
The training track admits a cohort of 30 researchers drawn from across the 6 geo-political zones of Nigeria on a biannual basis. It also provides small research grants for the best 5 proposals in each cohort as evaluated by an ad-hoc Scientific Committee selected by the Research Advisory Council of the Foundation.
Summary of the NIMR Grantsmanship and Mentorship Training Programme
- Programme Type: Postgraduate
- Institution: The Nigerian Institute of Medical Research (NIMR)
- Country to study: Nigeria
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: September 11, 2022
- Target audience: Early and mid-career researchers
- Location and Dates: The training is a 21-day residential workshop which will be held at the Nigeria Institute of Medical Research located at 6 Edmund Crescent Yaba, Lagos.
The scheduled dates for the training are between 9th October 2022 and 30th October 2022.
- Number of participants: About 30 participants will be selected for the training.
About Nigerian Institute of Medical Research (NIMR)
The Nigerian Institute of Medical Research (NIMR) was created by the federal government of Nigeria in 1977 via the research institute act. The institute was founded to promote National health and developments.
NIMR was the ok only institute in Nigeria specifically dedicated for medical research until the establishment of National Institute for Pharmaceutical Research and Development (NIPRID) in Abuja.
Aim and Benefits of NIMR Grantsmanship and Mentorship Training Programme 2022
The NIMR Foundation will fully cover the following cost for the 21-day residential training workshop: transportation, accommodation and full board
How to Apply for NIMR Grantsmanship and Mentorship Training Programme 2022
To apply for the Grantsmanship and Mentorship programme, please follow these steps:
- Fill out and submit the online application at https://tinyurl.com/GTMP2022
- Submit the required documents shared below including a single PDF file containing the following:
- A Short motivation essay of 500 words max.
- A page research proposal
- A Short bio sketch (maximum 2 pages)
- Letter of recommendation from the Provost/Dean of college/Faculty
Eligibility Criteria for NIMR Grantsmanship and Mentorship Training Programme
To be eligible, applicants must proof that:
- They are citizens of Nigeria (from any of the six-geopolitical zones).
- They are early career investigators (junior and mid-level researcher) and have completed their research education (either of below):
- They have been awarded a research doctorate (PhD/DPhil/MD) from a recognized academic institution normally within the past 6 years
- They have a medical/clinical qualification PLUS research-relevant Master’s degree, both awarded normally within the previous 6 years
- Applicants must be currently employed in Nigeria by a recognized university or research institution to develop and conduct any type of health care research.
- Must have not won any significant local or international research grants.
- All Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this training opportunity.
Application for this training should include the following documents as a single .pdf file:
- A bio-sketch (2 Page NIH format) with a maximum of 5 publications.
- A research concept note of one page maximum in Times New Roman, Size 12, and 1.15 Spacing
- A Motivation letter of not more than 500 words (Times New Roman, Size 12, Spacing 1.15).
- A recommendation or Support letter from the Dean/Provost of the Faculty/College
- My HR Kp Login – Login to My Hr Connect Portal at healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/front-door
- PeopleLooker Com Login @ www.PeopleLooker.com/login
- MyCare Patient Portal Login – www.rochesterregional.org/patient-portal
- How to Check for Malware on Mac – Signs Of Malware on Mac
- WestWords Emerging Writers Fellowship Program 2022 – Apply Now!
- Splatoon 3 – Splatoon 3 Support AMD Upscaling Tech