Good news! You can now Apply for a NASW Peggy Girshman Idea Grant 2023 by Feb. 1, 2023. The National Association of Science Writers (NASW) Grants Committee is now accepting applications for the 2023 Peggy Girshman Idea Grants, the Applications are due on Wednesday, Feb. 1, 2023.
Proposals are invited from individuals or groups for grants of up to $15,000 to support projects and programs that will help science writers in their professional lives and benefit the field of science writing.
Candidates should note that the Projects must be in alignment with the National Association of Science Writers (NASW) mission, and should be accessible to U.S.-based science writers.
The stipulated guidelines for the idea Grant proposals are broad, this is to enhance creative thinking which is strongly encouraged by the Grant Committee, however, priorities are given to applications that propose novel projects and events supported by NASW grants.
Details About NASW Peggy Girshman Idea Grant Program
- Type: Grants Awards
- Host Organization: The National Association of Science Writers (NASW)
- Country: United States
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application status: Ongoing
- Application Deadline: February 2, 2023
About the National Association of Science Writers (NASW)
With a membership of 2,398, 110 affiliates, and 441 students, the National Association of Science Writers (NASW), is a community of journalists, authors, editors, producers, public information officers, and students who write to inform the public about science, health, engineering, and technology.
The Association fosters the interpretation of science and its meaning to society, in keeping with the highest standards of journalism.
Additionally, NASW promotes the professional interests of science writers nationally and globally, and also plays an active role in supporting efforts to ensure writers are paid for their work, and advocates for copyright protections for writers.
Benefits of NASW Peggy Girshman Idea Grant 2023 Program
The NASW Grants Awards up to $15,000.
How to Apply for NASW Peggy Girshman Idea Grant 2023 Program?
- All interested and qualified Applicants are encouraged to learn more about the program, review past awards, and read selected proposals from past projects.
- Before submitting a proposal, ensure that you review NASW list of Do’s and Don’ts.
- To apply, Submit your proposal by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Wednesday, Feb. 1, 2023.
- For more details, visit NASW website: https://www.nasw.org/article/apply-nasw-peggy-girshman-idea-grant-journalism-science-writing-february-2023.
Eligibility Criteria for NASW Peggy Girshman Idea Grant Program Qualification
In other to be considered for the Peggy Girshman idea Grant Program, Applicants must meet the following requirements;
- Applicants must not be NASW members
- Proposals from all PIOs, journalists, freelance writers, and other interested parties are welcomed
- Applicants who are residents outside of the United States may apply, however, proposals must demonstrate a clear benefit to U.S.-based science writers.
February 2, 2023.
More Related Content
- YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship In USA 2022/2023 – Apply Now!
- Belgium Government Scholarships 2023 Fully Funded – How to Apply
- Weidenfeld Hoffmann Scholarships 2023 – Apply Now!
- Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2023 in Hungary – Apply Now!
- IHE Delft Scholarship Program 2023 for Postgraduate Students – Apply Now!