We can say a digital world should also have a digital bank. This article is about one such bank called the N26. The N26 is a digital bank that offers fully digital banking services that are controlled from within an app. The N26 is a company that provides financial services to people and this service is only available to persons in Europe and also the United States of America. The headquarters of this company is located in Germany and it does not have any other branch since it works digitally. Getting interesting? Read on to find out more about this or go to the bank.
The N26 was founded by Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal in 2013. The creation was due to the re-imagination of the retail banking experience for today’s mobile lifestyle. The direct bank services offered by the N26 Company provides a free basic current account and a Debit MasterCard card to all its customers, as well as a Maestro card for their customers in certain markets.
Customers of N26 can request overdraft and investment products and also the N26 also offers premium accounts (N26 You and N26 Metal) which offer additional features for a monthly fee.
Banking with N26 is fast, flexible, and transparent. To bank with N26, you have to first open an account with N26. Opening an account with N26 and banking with them has several benefits attached to it. These benefits are;
- Fast sign up: it takes no more than 10 minutes to open a bank account with N26 directly from your phone. There are no long queues, no paperwork, and no fuss. It can be opened anytime and anywhere.
- No hidden fees: there are no minimum balance, maintenance charges, and no foreign transaction fees when you use your N26 card overseas.
- Send and receive money: sending and receiving money sent is instant. You can also request money from your friends and family who bank with N26 using MoneyBeam.
- Real-time notification: you are instantly notified of all account activities, including payments, withdrawals, and deposits.
- Tag transactions: The tag transaction helps you organize all your transactions in a way that makes sense to you. You are allowed to create your personal tags to suit you. Examples are #weekend, #friends, #gift, etc., can be used to group transactions made on the weekend, with friends, and so on.
- Refer a friend: you can also invite friends to open a bank account with N26 using your referral code. In doing this, you will receive cash bonuses when they sign up.
N26 Sign In
To open an account with N26, you would need information like your name, active email address, and phone number for verification, home address, tax information, and preferred & secure password. To steps involved in opening a N26 bank account are;
- Go to n26.com/en-eu on your browser.
- Click on “Open Bank Account” on the home page. The signup page would be open.
- Type in your country of residence.
- Select a language that would be suitable for you and click on “Get Started”. The language options are English, Italian, Spanish, and French.
- Promptly impute your correct information into the space bar provided for it.
And just like that, you have successfully opened a N26 bank account. After opening your account, to fully use the account, you have to do the following.
- Confirm your email address by opening your email and following the instruction on the message sent you from N26.
- Download the banking app and s
- Verify your identity
To log in to your N26 bank account is quite easy and fast. The steps to follow when you want to log in to your account are stated as follows;
- Go to n26.com/en-eu on your browser.
- Click on “Online Banking” on the home page to direct you to the login page.
- Type in your email address. The one used in the creation of the account.
- Type in your password also.
- Click on the “Log in” icon.
This action would automatically log you into your online N26 bank account.
Knowing this company was created to make banking fast and simple in order to tally with the digital age of now, there are some features of the N26 bank account. The account features that make it stand out are;
- Add money to your N26 account: you can transfer money from an external bank directly from the app. Get paid up to two days early with a direct deposit, and you can use an external debit card to add money to your N26 account for the first time.
- Free cash withdrawals: with the N26 account, you can get unlimited free ATM withdrawals at over 55,000 Allpoint locations across the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Australia, Mexico, and the UK. Finding the nearest Allpoint ATM can be done with just opening the N26 app to find it.
- Visualize your financial goals: you can personalize, track, and achieve your short and long-term financial goals with Spaces. N26 account allows you to set a savings target, select an icon, and transfer money in or out of your Spaces instantly with just a few swipes.
- Get your paycheck earlier.
- Fast and secure cashless payment with Apple Pay: you can pay with your N26 card using Apple Pay in-app, online, and in stores. This is easy to use, secure, and effortless.
- Track your spending: the N26 app automatically categorizes your purchases, creating a simple visual breakdown of your spending habits every month.
- Your N26 account is 3D secure: another feature is that with 3D Secure (3DS) from MasterCard SecureCode, get an extra layer of security that helps prevent fraud when making payments online with your N26 account.
- Receiving instant push-notification.
- Full control over your MasterCard.
- Secure fingerprint identification.
- Easy international money transfers with TransferWise: you can send money in over i5 different currencies using the TransferWise feature.
- Bank from either your PC, mobile device, using the website or mobile app.
- Export your transactions: with N26, you can export, and download your transaction list as a CSV or PDF file for easier tax returns and invoicing.
These are the features to enjoy on your N26 online bank account.
N26 Account Types
There are different bank accounts you can open with N26. They are the You Account, Metal Account, and Business Account. All these accounts have their insurances and packages and these accounts cost a fee to keep them open and active and every N26 online bank account comes with a free MasterCard debit card that is accepted worldwide.
All the accounts can be opened by one person and enjoy all the features on the card as long as you meet up with the signing up criteria. You can also compare account with each other, like the Business You, Business Metal.
The ‘You Account’ with N26 is also called the N26 You and it is a personal account. The N26 You is a premium membership bank account that comes with a colorful debit card (MasterCard), travel insecure and covers for flight, luggage and curtailment delays as well as luggage loss.
With N26 You, you will also get exclusive partner deals and free foreign currency ATM withdrawals worldwide. But you first have to meet up with the criteria, be above 18 years of age, have a compactable smartphone for the N26 application and be a resident of any of the supported countries. Opening this account follows the usual steps of opening an N26 bank account.
This is the ultimate bank account with a statement metal card. It is called the N26 Metal. This account gives you access to enjoy a new generation premium banking experience with zero fees abroad, an extensive insurance package—including phone and car insurance—and a world of extra benefits.
The Business Account is referred to as the N26 Business. This account is very suitable for businesses owned by freelancers and the self-employed. One can earn 0.1% cashback on all purchases you make, and enjoy free card payments worldwide.
The N26 Business is very similar to the N26 You but the difference is that the business account should only be used for business purposes. The account is mainly for business owners and can be opened using your personal name, especially when your business carries your name.
With the perks on the N26 debit cards, you can enjoy cashback on subscriptions from brands you love and discover new ways to enhance your life with exciting partner discounts on wellness, education, fashion, entertainment, and more.
The Spaces lets the users of the N26 platform create custom sub-accounts to save or allocate money for the purchases and experiences that matter the most to them, whether it’s a dining and entertainment fund or saving up for an upcoming vacation.
Alongside your N26 bank account, you can have up to two spaces active in addition to your main account. But you can edit or delete these as often as you’d like. And if you get to delete any of your spaces, your funds saved up in their will be immediately transferred back to your main account.