Speaking of Microsoft Fall Event 2021, a lot of people want to know what happened at the Microsoft event since they couldn’t make out time to watch it. With the release of Windows 11 less than two weeks away, Microsoft held its latest Surface hardware event.
The presentation saw the company introduce new versions of mainstay devices like the Surface Pro and Surface Go, in addition to a handful of surprises. There are lots of upgrades, you wouldn’t know if you don’t read them down. So follow me on this article and the list of what was released on the Microsoft fall event 2021.
Microsoft Fall Event 2021
This promises to be one of Microsoft’s largest Surface presentations to date. Leaks suggest you’ll see at least a redesigned Surface Pro 8 and a significantly upgraded Surface Duo 2. We’d add that multiple models haven’t been touched for a while.
The Surface Book is due for a refresh (if not a full-fledged rethink), and you can say the same for the tiny Surface Go as well as the ARM-powered Surface Pro X. We also wouldn’t rule out a surprise or two, and it would only make sense for Microsoft to hype up Windows 11 with a release just days away.
Lists of Everything That Microsoft Announced At the Event
Below are the lists of things announced at the event;
- Surface Duo 2; Microsoft announced a massive upgrade for its Surface Duo dual-screen Android device. Most notably, there’s an entirely new triple camera system on the back of the Surface Duo 2 that includes a telephoto lens and two wide-angle lenses. Another nifty new feature is an ambient screen on the device’s hinge to display your notifications and other information.
- Surface Pro 8; after several years of what felt like incremental updates, Microsoft’s Surface Pro line got a significant upgrade on Wednesday. To name just a few of the features found in the Surface Pro 8, it includes a 13-inch PixelSense display with a 120Hz refresh rate, support for Thunderbolt 4 (finally!), and faster internals courtesy of Intel’s latest 11th-generation processors.
- Surface Pro X; Microsoft didn’t update its ARM-based 2-in-1, but what it did do is introduce a new Wi-Fi-only model that will save you $100 off the Surface Pro X’s previous $999 starting price. With the move to Windows 11, support for 64-bit software emulation is coming to the device.
- Surface Go 3; Microsoft’s smallest tablet got an appropriately minor update today. The company’s new Surface Go 3, 2-in-1s features faster processors from Intel. The base model comes with a Pentium Gold 6500Y CPU, up from the 4425Y in Go 2, while the more expensive variants feature 10th-generation Core i3 CPUs.
- Surface Laptop Studio; Microsoftsaved its most interesting announcement for entering the Surface Laptop Studio, a portable computer that borrows design cues from the company’s Surface Studio all-in-one. An included hinge lets you pull the display over the keyboard to make inking and drawing more immersive. Microsoft also claims the Surface Studio is its most powerful notebook yet. The laptop features Intel’s 11th-generation H35 processors and Intel Xe graphics.
You can check the list above to know about everything that was announced at the Microsoft Fall Event 2021. You can also check for more details here.