Ventures are inviting applications from emerging independent media companies that have a positive social impact and demonstrate potential for growth. Selected applicants will receive equity funding and strategic guidance to support their business expansion.
Media Development Investment Fund (MDIF) Ventures
Building on the accomplishments of its initial investment round, MDIF Ventures aims to invest in a fresh group of media projects that are either based in or cater to audiences in countries where the availability of unbiased news and information is at risk.
To date, MDIF Ventures has invested around $1 million in nine startups at an early stage across seven nations, including Nigeria, Pakistan, and Colombia.
Key Features Of MDIF Ventures
- Prioritizing investments in countries where access to unbiased news and information is compromised, with a particular focus on projects that benefit audiences within those countries.
- Supporting initiatives that promote accountability, foster constructive debates, or address issues related to information poverty.
- Targeting a wide range of companies at various stages of development, ranging from early-stage startups seeking pre-seed or angel funding to more established companies seeking growth or Series A funding.
- Possibility of making additional investments in existing portfolio companies.
- Building upon the achievements of previous initiatives such as Digital News Ventures, which invested $3.8 million in early-stage media projects between 2012 and 2015, as well as the South SAMIP and Amplify Asia are two previous initiatives that MDIF Ventures is building upon.
- A strong dedication to providing unique, credible, and impartial news that helps address the lack of information, encourages accountability and enhances public dialogue for the benefit of society.
- A deep commitment to fostering democratic practices and institutions, embracing diverse political perspectives, promoting transparency, safeguarding human rights, and advocating for equal rights in all aspects, irrespective of race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or any other form of discrimination.
- Ownership must be free from any governmental or political influences, as well as economic interests, unless proven otherwise in a manner that doesn’t compromise editorial independence.
- Operating within or serving audiences in countries where there are significant challenges in accessing free and unbiased news and information. However, MDIF Ventures cannot consider applications from Russia due to specific circumstances.
How to Apply For Media Development Investment Fund (MDIF) Ventures 2024
- To begin your application, please fill out the online form to apply to MDIF Ventures.
- Note that while MDIF Ventures will consider projects serving non-English speaking audiences, the application itself should be in English.
For further information please visit the MDIF Official website
December 10, 2023.
More Related Content
- NAMIP’s Media Product Fellowship 2023 – APPLY NOW!
- Top 10 Business Ideas: Great Business Idea To Start In 2021
- Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card – Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card Login at www.capitalone.com
- Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card Login – www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/venture-x
- PAWENpreneur Awards for African Female Intrapreneurs & Entrepreneurs 2023 – APPLY NOW