The Mauritius Africa Scholarship 2022/2023 Program is open and currently accepting applications from qualified African Students globally.
The Government of Mauritius through the Africa Scholarship program seeks to promote capacity-building at a high level across the African continent, by providing scholarship Awards to deserving students/citizens from African Union member states.
Details of the Government of Mauritius Africa Scholarships
- Type of Program: Postgraduate
- Organization: Government of Mauritius
- Country to study: Mauritius
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: October 30, 2022
About the Government of Mauritius
The Government of Mauritius through the Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science, and Technology ensures that all students are given the opportunity to embark on and complete higher secondary education.
This is to achieve students’ employability, further education, and training with the required maturity and confidence. The Government of Mauritius establishes an intelligent island, to serve the Region and a Centre for Higher Learning and Excellence.
Furthermore, the scholarship program in Mauritius is aimed at creating the next generation of forward-looking and innovative leaders contributing to the transformation of the Republic of Mauritius into a high-ranking, prosperous nation.
Benefits of Participating in the Government of Mauritius Africa Scholarships Program
- The Government of Mauritius Africa Scholarship will support Successfully selected candidates in covering the costs of tuition fees and living expenses during their studies in Mauritius.
- Additionally, the airfare cost from the country of origin at the beginning of the studies and back to the country of origin at the end of the studies will be covered.
- In other words, all travel from the country of origin at the beginning of the studies and back to the country of origin upon successful completion of studies will be covered
How to Apply for Government of Mauritius Africa Scholarships 2022/2023?
- Are you Interested and qualified? Kindly Visit the Official webpage of the Government of Mauritius on education.govmu.org to apply
- Ensure to submit the Applications together with supporting documents as required to the Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology of the Republic of Mauritius.
- For more details on how to apply, visit the website at: https://education.govmu.org/Pages/Mauritius-Africa-Scholarships-2020.aspx
Criteria for Government of Mauritius Africa Scholarships Qualification
- Applicants seeking to apply for Mauritius Africa Scholarships must be above 18 years of age and should not have reached their 26th birthday at the closing date of application;
- Applicants who are applying for a Master’s degree must not have attained 35 years
- Applicants for PhD programme should not have reached 45 years by the closing date of the application
- All Applicants must have applied for full-time on-campus studies at any public Tertiary Education Institution in Mauritius for the academic year starting in 2022 to be eligible for this scholarship
- The scholarship duration is a maximum of four (4) years or the minimum course duration whichever is lesser.
- Candidates for the Mauritius Africa Scholarships must have successfully completed end of secondary school to be eligible
- Must also meet the minimum grade requirements as indicated below: (i) 24 points at GCE A – computed on the basis of the following grades obtained in three Principal subjects: A+=10, A=9, B=8, C=7, D=6 & E=5; OR (ii)
- In a situation whereby the language of instruction is not English in the qualifying examination, the candidate will have to provide a valid TOEFL or IELTS ( 550 or 5.5 minimum respectively)
- Candidates holding an undergraduate degree will NOT be eligible under this scholarship scheme.
October 30, 2022.