The Matsumae Research Fellowship 2022 In Japan, is currently open for application. A nation with such a thriving economy, rich culture and innovative technology sector, Japan has so a lot in store for both professionals and students.
This article presents a study opportunity for science students who are interested in a research fellowship in Japan to apply for Matsumae Research Fellowship 2022.
About Matsumae Research Fellowship
Matsumae Research Fellowship is offered by the Matsumae International Foundation (MIF), every year it receives applications for fellowships in Japan that covers the field of sciences, medicine, and engineering. The foundation has started receiving applications for the 2023 Research Fellowship Program.
The Vision of Matsumae International Foundation (MIF), is Towards A Greater Understanding of Japan and a Lasting World Peace. Matsumae International Foundation’s Research Fellowship Program was established to address issues of national egoism and help nations move toward world peace.
Primarily, the fellowship is geared toward enhancing Japan’s foreign relations with other nations and ensuring the preservation of mankind.
Matsumae Research Fellowships are designed to last a time frame of 3-6 months of research in Japan with an institution of the fellow’s choosing. It’s a major criterion that follows must hold a Ph.D., be over 49 years old, and have an interest in solving major problems facing humanity.
Benefits of Matsumae Research Fellowship
Successful applicants will receive the following financial support; living expenses and research activities in Japan.
Details of Matsumae Research Fellowship
- Application Deadline: June 30, 2022. 17:00 (Japan Standard Time).
- The fellowship is offered annually
- Eligible Countries: International
- To be taken at (country): Japan
- Fields of Study: Natural science, engineering, and medicine are given first priority. Meanwhile, Candidates are free to select host institutions (university research laboratories, national research institutions, or the corresponding facilities of private industry)
- Type: Fellowship
- Number of awards: 10
- The worth of Matsumae Research Fellowship:
- Stipend for research and stay
- An air ticket to/from Tokyo
- A Lump sum on the arrival of the student
- Duration of Scholarship: The Matsumae Research Fellowship is usually from 3 to 6 months.
Requirements for Matsumae Research Fellowship
Non-Japanese nationality applicants who meet all the following requirements are eligible to submit application documents.
- it is mandatory that Applicants obtain an invitation (acceptance) letter from a host institution in Japan prior to application.
- Candidates must hold Ph.D. (Doctoral degree).
- Age: Applicants must be 49 years or below at the time of application.
- An Applicants must have to understand fluently, English or Japanese languages ability.
- it is required that applicants must not have past or current experiences of staying in Japan (other than short-term stays such as for sightseeing or conferences)
- it is compulsory that applicants have an occupation in their home countries, return there upon completing their fellowship tenure, and should contribute to the development of their own country.
How to Apply for Matsumae Research Fellowship
All interested and eligible applicants for Matsumae Research Fellowship are advised to go through the Application instructions on the Program Webpage before applying.
The Application Form can be accessed via the link below: http://mif-testpage.com/wp/en/fellowship/announcement/#application
You can also visit the Scholarship Webpage for more details about the fellowship program: https://www.mif-japan.org/en/fellowship/announcement/?hl=en