The Fully Funded Rotary Peace Fellowship is offered by Rotary International, the fellowship is meant for Masters’s Degree and Professional Development Certificate for young professionals around the world.
Rotary International, yearly awards up to 130 fully-funded fellowships for dedicated leaders from around the world to study at any peace center. With academic training, practice, and global networking opportunities, the Rotary Peace Centers program develops the capacity of peace and development professionals to become effective catalysts for peace.
About Rotary Peace Fellowship
Rotary Peace Fellowship began in 2002, since its inception, Rotary Peace Centers have trained over 1,500 fellows who now work in over 100 countries with many currently serving as leaders in governments of various nations, Non-Governmental Organisations, education, and research institutions, peacekeeping and law enforcement agencies, and international organizations like the United Nations and the World Bank.
It is a yearly commitment for Rotary to select up to 100 individuals from around the world to participate in the Fully Funded Rotary Peace fellowships at one of its peace centers. The coverage of their fellowships includes Tuition fees, room and board, round-trip transportation, and all internship and field-study expenses.
Summary of Fully-Funded Rotary Peace Fellowship
- Application Deadline: May 15, 2022
- The Fellowship program is Offered annually
- Rotary Peace Fellowships cover tuition and fees, room and board, round-trip transportation, and internship and field-study expenses.
- Eligible Countries: All countries are eligible
- Types: Master’s, fellowship
- Number of Fellowship: Up to 100
- Rotary Peace Fellowship Worth: The Fellowship program covers the following:
- Tuition and fees
- Rooms and board
- Round trip Transportation
- Internship expenses
- Duration of Fellowship: 15 to 24 Months
Premier University offers Master’s degree fellowships and usually in fields related to peace and conflict prevention and resolution. The duration of the Program is around 15 to 24 months and requires a practical internship of 2 to 3 months during the academic break.
Up to 50 master’s degree fellowships are awarded every year at the following institutions: Duke University and University of North Carolina, USA, International Christian University, Japan, University of Bradford, England, University of Queensland Australia, Uppsala University Sweden
Professional Development Certificate
Rotary offer 3 months program in peace and conflict prevention and resolution at Chulalongkorn University in Thailand for experienced professionals working in peace-related fields who want to enhance their professional skills. It is usually two to three weeks of field study and up to 50 certificates each year.
Requirements for Fully Funded Rotary Peace Fellowship
interested applicants for this fellowship must meet the following requirements:
- Applicant must be proficient in English. Also, proficiency in a second language is strongly recommended
- Applicants must show a Strong commitment to international understanding and peace as demonstrated through professional and academic achievements and personal or community service
- Applicant must demonstrate excellent leadership skills
- For Master’s degree applicants, a minimum of three years of related full-time work or volunteer experience, a bachelor’s degree is required
- All Certificate applicants must have an of minimum five years of related full-time work or volunteer experience, strong academic background
- Fully Funded Rotary Peace Fellowships may not be used for doctoral study. The following individuals are not eligible for the master’s degree program:
Individuals who are active and honorary Rotary members, Employees of a Rotary club or district, Rotary International, or other Rotary entity, and also Spouses, lineal descendants, spouses of lineal descendants
- Previous Rotary members and their relatives
- Holders of Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarships or professional development certificate fellowships must wait three years after completion of the scholarship or fellowship to apply for the master’s degree program.
- Beneficiaries of Rotary Peace Fellowship who have completed the master’s degree program must wait five years to apply for the certificate program.
How to Apply for a Fully Funded Rotary Peace Fellowship
All interested and qualified candidates have until 15 May to submit applications to their district, and then the districts must submit endorsed applications to The Rotary Foundation by 1 July.
Candidates are also encouraged to go through the Application Process on the Fellowship Webpage Link below before applying:
CHECK THESE OUT: