The Livingston award 2021 for young journalists is one of the surest awards in this season. The award was established to recognized young outstanding journalists in the year 1981.
The organization is committed to fostering excellence in journalism. The award is a collection of prints, online, video, audio, and data visualization.
Are you a young journalist that is looking for an opportunity to win a lifetime award? Are you looking for an award to compete for? Do you want to win an award to prove your professionalism in journalism?
Then you are on the right track. The Livingston Award for young journalists is the opportunity for you that has the mandate to achieve your goals.
Livingston Award 2021 For Young Journalists
This award is specially organized for all journalists around the world to prove their professionalism in journalism. Winners of this award are selected to stand before the panel of judges. The panel of judges is those who share a long-time commitment to the program and highly have regard for journalism and its achievement.
This award is also powered by Richard M. Clurman who honors superb on-the-job mentors to improve journalism by showing excellence in nursing and inspiring young journalists.
Worth of the Livingston Award 2021 For Young Journalists
The award is going to be presented in three different categories. These categories include; local, national, and international reporting.
There is no fee for entering/registration. A price of $10,000 will be presented in the three categories mentioned above.
The good thing about the price is that it will be paid directly to the journalists and not the media organization.
Rules Governing The Livingston Award 2021 For Young Journalists
- Applicants must be below 34 years on December 31st, 2020
- An application can be informed of multiple bylines but must meet the required age
- Application can be individual this can be a single piece or a maximum of three pieces. And they can be from a published series, an original piece and its follow-up developments, or clearly tied together three pieces.
- There is no limit to the number of applications a media can submit provided they are of different reports.
- Individuals can be registered by their organization or choose to apply individually
- Still photography is not eligible. Only print, video, online, audio, and data visualization work are eligible
- The work of all applicants must appear in U.S control media. Note that an applicant is not required to be a US citizen
- The entering report must be directly related to current news, events, and other development
- Materials prepared in the ordinary course of journalism professional production must be submitted and no other materials are qualified.
- Student media are not allowed and eligible for the award
- The competition is solely limited to works publish /appearing during the year ending December 31, 2020
- Livingston award arranges an outreach event for all winners.
For more information about the rules governing the Livingston Award visit here
How To Create An Account With Livingston Award
To create an account with the Livingston award, follow the following steps;
- Visit the official website of Livingston award on this page
- Click on the “Create Your Account” button
- A form will appear on the screen. On that form, enter your email, password, confirm your password, and first name and last name respectively.
- Click on the “Sign Up” button to continue the process
After this, your account creation with the Livingston Award is completed. Note that those that do not have an account with the organization, will immediately be directed to the application form of the Livingston Award 2021 For Young Journalists.
How to Apply For The Livingston Award 2021 For Young Journalists
To apply for the award, follow the following steps;
- Visit the application platform of the award which is. www livingstonaward.com
- The application form will appear on the screen. on the form, enter your name, name of a media organization, the title of the entry, news category, and publishing date
- From the given list of entry type, select all elements that judges should review
- Click on the “Choose File” button to upload the required files
- Enter at least one URL and select yes if it is behind a paywall or otherwise
- Write a note of not more than fifty words and a note of region of media organization not less than fifty words.
- Enter the media street address, city and state of residence of a media organization, and the zip code.
- Click on the box by the United States to make your entries appear in US control media
- Select your entries multiple byline choice and enter your first and last name, date of birth, phone number, email address and select if the applicant is Freelance or the contest coordinator
- Write a note in the space provided and agree with the terms of the organization
- Finally, click on the “Enter” button to complete your application for the awards.
To apply click this link here
Application Deadline For The Livingston Award 2021 For Young Journalists
The application for the award ends by February 1st, 2021. Therefore, all applications must be made before the said date. Please visit the application link for more information.