Application are currently ongoing for the Knight-Wallace Fellowships At The University Of Michigan 2024-2025. The Knight-Wallace Fellowships provide accomplished journalists with valuable resources and the opportunity to dedicate time to their personal and professional growth.
Journalists who have a strong commitment to the future of journalism spend an academic year at The University of Michigan, where they can access the resources of a prestigious university and immerse themselves in a journalism project of their choice.
This could involve sharpening their professional skills, tackling challenges within their newsroom, conducting in-depth research for a long-term reporting project, or even developing a new journalism venture. The program offers a wide range of focus areas, encouraging journalists to explore and expand their horizons.
Benefits Of Knight-Wallace Fellowships
Knight-Wallace Fellowships select up to 20 Fellows from all facets of journalism who are ready to take the next career step and join them in Ann Arbor for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
- An intensive eight-month program that runs from late August to April, allowing journalists to fully immerse themselves in their studies without the pressures of daily deadlines.
- Opportunities to work on individual journalism projects that aim to deepen understanding of specific topics, acquire new skills, address challenges within newsrooms, or explore new ventures in journalism.
- Access to specialized resources and the expertise of faculty members at the University of Michigan provides a unique learning experience.
- Private seminars with influential figures from the field of journalism, facilitating open and candid discussions away from public scrutiny.
- Workshops designed to enhance professional skills and develop leadership abilities.
- A generous stipend of $85,000, distributed monthly from August to April, along with an additional $5,000 to cover relocation expenses. The stipend covers living expenses, while the program covers the costs of health insurance, auditing courses, and participating in required workshops and fellowship activities.
- Relocation support and assistance in finding suitable housing tailored to each Fellow’s needs.
- Spouses and partners are invited to join in fellowship activities and have the opportunity to audit university courses as well.
To be eligible for this opportunity, you must meet with the following:
- To be eligible for this opportunity, applicants must have a minimum of five years of experience and be currently employed in the field of journalism, either with a news organization or as an independent journalist. The organization is specifically seeking a diverse range of journalists, including but not limited to reporters, editors, data experts, visual journalists, audio producers, engagement specialists, designers, developers, entrepreneurs, and individuals who can bring about organizational change.
- If you do not work as a full-time journalist, the majority of your work should still be related to journalism. Applicants who work primarily as academics, public relations writers, internal trade writers, lobbyists, public advocates, or those pursuing a degree are not considered eligible for this opportunity.
- Regardless of your work location or the journalism entity you are associated with, if you are a U.S. citizen, you should apply as a U.S. applicant. On the other hand, if you are not a U.S. citizen, you should apply as an international applicant, even if you work in the United States or for an American journalism entity. It’s important to note that having a Green Card does not imply citizenship.
Knight-Wallace Fellowships 2024-2025 Timeline
- The deadline for international journalists to apply for the 2024-2025 academic year is December 1, 2023. It is important to note that international applications submitted under the U.S. application portal will not be considered.
- However, for U.S. journalists, the application deadline for the academic year 2024-2025 is February 1, 2024.
- Successful candidates will be notified of their acceptance for the Knight-Wallace Fellowships for the 2024-2025 academic year by early May 2024. The fellowship program for the 2024-2025 academic year will commence on Monday, August 26, 2024. Fellows are required to arrive in Ann Arbor at least one week prior to this date for fellowship orientation.
How to Apply For Knight-Wallace Fellowships 2024-2025
If you are interested in certificated and Qualified, carefully Fill out and submit the application form.
For more information visit the official website.
December 1, 2023(international journalists)
February 1, 2024(U.S journalists).
More Related Content
- Michigan EBT Card Guide: How to Renew Your Food Stamps (EBT Card)
- Facebook Marketplace Michigan – Where is the Facebook Marketplace Available
- University of Michigan Acceptance Rate – UMICH Application Details
- University Of Michigan Acceptance Rate & Requirements
- Best Jobs You can Get with a Degree in Journalism