The fashion industry in Africa is undergoing a transformative phase, with the continent’s unique style and cultural heritage gaining recognition on the global stage. King’s College London Africa Studentships 2023 aims to delve into the evolving dynamics of this industry, with a particular focus on the generation of social, economic, and cultural value for both local and international markets.
This article explores the significance of this studentship program in fostering innovation and collaboration within the industry, including the Eligibility Criteria, benefits, and how to apply.
King’s College London Africa Studentships 2023
King’s College London, through the Africa Studentships Program, seeks to examine the various ways in which fashion producers in Africa utilize their capital, knowledge, technology, and resources towards promoting socioeconomic transformation.
The Studentship project at Kings College London will highlight creativity, innovation, and sustainability in Africa. Successfully Selected Ph.D. researchers will utilize a mixed-methods case study approach, including industry data analysis, surveys, interviews, focus groups, and observational studies.
The King’s College London Africa Studentships 2023 program serves as a bridge between the African fashion industry and the global fashion world. By providing students with the opportunity to study the evolving dynamics of the fashion industry in Africa, this studentship aims to generate valuable insights and promote sustainable growth within the sector.
About King’s College London
King’s College London also referred to as KCL, is a top public research university in London, UK. It was founded in 1829 and is one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in England. King’s College London is a constituent college of the University of London and is known for its academic excellence, research output, and historic significance.
King’s College London consistently ranks among the top universities in the world. It is a member of the prestigious Russell Group, which represents leading research-intensive universities in the UK. The university is globally recognized for its strengths in areas such as law, medicine, psychology, political science, and humanities.
It has several campuses located in central London. The main campuses are situated along the Strand in the heart of the city, including the historic Strand Campus and the adjacent Somerset House East Wing. The university also has campuses at Guy’s Hospital, St Thomas’ Hospital, and Denmark Hill, which are dedicated to medical and health-related programs.
Benefits of KCL Africa Studentships 2023
Successfully Selected Candidates for the King’s College London Africa Studentships Program will enjoy the following benefits for four years:
- Full Tuition fees cover at the international/overseas rate.
- Candidates will receive an annual stipend (living allowance) worth up to £19,688
- The researcher will also receive research costs up to £5,000 per annum
How to Apply
The application process for the King’s College London African Studentships can be completed in just a few minutes.
- To apply, the first step is to navigate to the application page at: www.kcl.ac.uk/study/postgraduate-research/how-to-apply
- Follow the prompt information shown to you to complete your application
- Ensure to provide accurate details
- You can visit King’s College London website at: www.kcl.ac.uk/study-legacy/funding/kings-college-london-africa-studentships-202324-entry-project-no-3
Eligibility for KCL Africa Studentships 2023
Students must fulfill the conditions below to be eligible to apply for King’s College London Africa Studentships:
- Applicants must be African nationals and be permanent residents in an African country;
- Must be intending to commence a full-time MPhil/PhD program at King’s College London in the 2023-24 academic year
- The academic criteria for enrolment for the Ph.D. degree in the Faculty of Social Science and Policy at KCL must be fulfilled by all Candidates.
- Possess or about to obtain a High Merit or Distinction at Master’s level in any subject.
- Eligible Fields include but not be limited to: International Political Economy; Political Economy; Fashion Management; Business; Development Studies; Culture, Media & Creative Industries; Policy; Sociology; Geography; Social Sciences.
- Candidates must have a strong interest in fashion and the creative economy
- Be good at team-working, be very observational, organization and
- Have good communication skills.
- Applicants must have experience in qualitative and quantitative methods.
Documents Required for Application
The following documents must be sent by the Applicants:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A cover letter that must show the Candidate’s interest in the project and the program’s relevance to their prior experience
- A sample of written work (i.e. MSc/MA thesis)
Application Deadline: June 30, 2023.
CHECK THESE OUT:
- King’s College London Africa Studentships 2023/2024 Entry – APPLY NOW!
- Ph.D. Studentships 2022/2023 for International Students At the University of Kent – Apply for Ph.D. Studentships at the University of Kent
- The University of London Ph.D. Scholarship 2022 – Study In the UK
- Burger King UK Experience Survey 2022 – How Can I Find a Burger King Near Me?
- Global Cultural Relations Programme 2023 – Paid Trip to Madrid
- New Tomb Raider Game Confirmed by Crystal Dynamics
- Robot Manufacturers Vow Not to Weaponize Their Inventions