The James Cook University Scholarships 2022/2023 for international students is currently open for application.
James Cook University (JCU) is a public university in Australia that offers a number of part-fee and full-fee scholarships annually to international students who are looking to enroll and study in Australia but lacks the financial capability. The university is the second largest University in Queensland, Australia.
Details of James Cook University Scholarships program
- Institution(s): James Cook University
- Application Deadline: 18 July 2022
- Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate taught programs
- Nationalities: International
- James Cook University (JCU) Scholarships Worth:
James Cook University International Excellence Scholarship:
The International Excellence Scholarship of JCU for European countries offers a tuition fee reduction for the entire duration of approved full-degree study programs, however, the recipients must maintain a strong GPA each semester to keep receiving such benefits.
James Cook University International Student Merit Stipend:
Students from Asia, Africa, Papua New Guinea and the Middle East are the main targets of this award. The James Cook University International Student Merit awards offer monthly stipends of about A$700 to Successful applicants. This is to assist with expenses throughout the duration of study at JCU. Meanwhile, the student is expected to maintain a strong GPA.
JCU College Pathways Scholarship:
The JCU Pathways scholarship is open for international students enrolling on the Diploma of Engineering, Health (Nursing Pathway), Science, and Technology. The Scholarships provide a 25% reduction in tuition fees.
JCU Research Scholarships:
The JCU Research Scholarship provides highly competitive scholarships to students commencing research degrees at the Masters or Doctoral level. Students are first required to accept a place in a research degree program for consideration for scholarship support.
Application Procedure for James Cook University Scholarships
Please note that to be considered for any of the above James Cook University Scholarships:
- You need to first apply for admission into JCU for study placement.
- Then Visit www.jcu.edu.au to apply
- Note that certain scholarships are awarded on an automatic basis while some require that students indicate interest.
Eligibility Criteria for James Cook University Bachelors Qualification
Interested applicants must meet all the following criteria to be eligible:
- The applicant must hold a visa that permits study before commencing
- Posses an offer for a full-time, internal program
- JCU Scholarship recipients must maintain a 6.0 GPA to secure a full fee waiver award or a 5.5 GPA for a partial fee waiver
- JCU scholarship cannot be combined with any other grant, scholarship, or allowance
- A provision of fee reduction only, in other words, no cash payments or reimbursements are permitted
- The James Cook University Scholarship are allocated at the discretion of the Selection Committee.
Official Website: https://www.jcu.edu.au/international-students/fees-and-costs/scholarships-and-financial-aid