Young leaders around the world are encouraged to apply for the IUCN Leaders Forum 2022. This forum seeks to convene global leaders regularly on key topics of relevance to the international agenda.
Also Read: 10 Best Dinnerware Sets for Every Occasion and Style
About the IUCN Leaders Forum 2022
The famous IUCN Leaders Forum is an annual event, brings together young leaders and changemakers from around the world, in-person, to discuss innovative solutions to critical global challenges, make bold commitments, build partnerships, and action for impactful change in nature conservation and sustainability.
This 2022 IUCN Leaders Forum will take place in the Republic of Korea, from the 13th to the 15th of October 2022. The focus point will be on Building nature-positive economies and societies.
The IUCN Leaders Forum will focus on three objectives mentioned below:
- Assemble influential and innovative leaders from government, private sector, civil society, and others with the aim of creating alliances and new partnerships, identifying innovative solutions, and advancing the international policy agenda on this issue;
- Establish a platform to discuss emerging issues and help shape future market forces on nature and climate-related issues.
- Provide an avenue for young changemakers, to increase awareness of their actions and connect with potential collaborators from the public and private sectors to further develop their projects.
Also Read: Best Sippy Cups For 6 to 12 Months Old
Benefits of the IUCN Leaders Forum to Young Changemakers
- Participants will have access to the IUCN Leaders Forum in the Republic of Korea from 13 to 15 October 2022
- An exclusive opportunity to present your project to influential global leaders from the private sector, government, and civil society.
- Hotel accommodation from 12 to 16 October 2022.
- Payment for return travel to the Republic of Korea.
- Coverage for Meals and other expenses for the entire duration of stay in Jeju province, Republic of Korea
Application Process for the IUCN Leaders Forum
- IUCN Changemakers will be selected from a shortlist created by One Young World.
- Fill out the application form link below to be considered for One Young World’s shortlist: www.oneyoungworld.com/scholarships/IUCN
Also Read: Splatoon 3 Confirms Another Major Change to its Best Modes
Eligibility Criteria for IUCN Leaders Forum 2022
To be considered for the IUCN Leaders Forum 2022, you must meet the requirements below:
- You must be aged 18 – 35 to be considered
- You must be seen to Have a track record of leadership and innovation in the fields of nature conservation, biodiversity, climate change, and/or sustainable development.
- To be considered, you must be currently working on an innovative project that will contribute to building nature-positive societies and economies.
- Candidates whose projects foster equity, inclusivity, intergenerational collaboration, and/or adopt a human rights-based approach in the design and implementation of the project, are encouraged to apply.
- Young leaders from the Global South are strongly encouraged to apply, including youth from minority groups, indigenous peoples, and local communities, and young female leaders and innovators from around the world.
The last date to apply for this forum is 8 August 2022
Applications from candidates above 35 will be considered by the One Young World team, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage.
The applications of candidates below 18 years will not be accepted at the time of the IUCN Leaders Forum.
Also Read: University of Lausanne Master’s Scholarships 2022 For International Students – APPLY NOW!