IREX Community Engagement Exchange Fellowship Program 2023. The Community Engagement Exchange (CEE) Program is a dynamic global network of innovators working with communities to address some critical 21st Century issues.
IREX Community Engagement Exchange Fellowship Program 2023 Fully Funded to US
CEE equips dedicated and passionate visionaries with the expertise, skills, and resources to develop multisector approaches and build healthy and engaged communities in over 100 countries.
A transformational leadership development experience, CEE is a year-long program designed to enable civil society leaders, ages 20-28, to harness the power of networks, relationships, and information for the public good, specifically on issues related to civic dialogue and peacebuilding, open and participatory government, women and gender, resilience and sustainable development, and youth engagement.
- Three-month Fellowship in the United States.
- Leadership and Civic Engagement Academy:
- Community Engagement Project (CEP): With
- Community Engagement Project (CEP) Exchange:
The competition for the CEE Program is merit-based and open to emerging civil society and community leaders who meet the criteria given below. Applications that do not meet these eligibility requirements shall be disqualified and will not be reviewed by the selection committee.
- You are between the ages of 20 and 28 as at the time of application
- You are a citizen of one of the eligible countries
- You are living and working in your home country
- Individuals with refugee status working on behalf of their home community may be given special consideration
- You are working on a community engagement initiative in your home country, either in a professional or volunteer capacity, with a vision to pursue a career working to support civil society
- You have a high level of proficiency in spoken and written English at the time of application
- Semifinalists will be required to take or submit recent scores for a TOEFL or IELTS English language test
- You are available to travel to the U.S. for three months from October 2022 to January 2023
- You are committed to returning to your home country to complete a Community Engagement Project (CEP)
- You are not a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S. and have not applied for U.S. permanent residency within the past three years
- You are eligible to receive a U.S. J-1 visa
- You are committed to returning to your home country for a minimum of two years after completing the program and
- You are not a current IREX employee or consultant, or their immediate family member
The program covers the cost of:
- J-1 visa support
- Round-trip travel from participants’ home city to the U.S.
- Monthly allowance to cover housing, meals, and other living expenses while in the U.S. and
- Accident and sickness insurance
For more information visit the official webpage; https://www.irex.org/program/community-engagement-exchange-program-application-information