The Internet Society Foundation Research Program 2023 is a grant program that provides funding of up to US$200,000 for research projects that explore the social, economic, and technical implications of the Internet. The program aims to support research that can help shape the future of the Internet and its impact on society.
Internet Society Foundation Research Program 2023
The program is open to researchers, scholars, and organizations from around the world. The research should address one or more of the following topics:
- Access and Infrastructure: exploring ways to increase access to the Internet and its infrastructure, including connectivity, affordability, and sustainability.
- Digital Inclusion: examining the challenges and opportunities related to digital inclusion, including issues related to gender, race, ethnicity, disability, and geography.
- Open Internet Standards: exploring the development, implementation, and use of open Internet standards, protocols, and architectures.
- Internet Governance: examining the policies, mechanisms, and institutions that govern the Internet and its stakeholders, including issues related to cybersecurity, privacy, and human rights.
- Emerging Technologies: exploring the potential impact of emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence, blockchain, and the Internet of Things on the Internet and society.
- Successful independent applicants will receive funding of up to US$200,000 to conduct their research projects over a period of 12 to 24 months. The program also provides support and mentorship to the selected researchers to help them achieve their research goals.
- Through the Internet Society Foundation Research Program 2023, the Internet Society Foundation aims to support research that can inform policies, practices, and technologies related to the Internet and its impact on society.
- The program seeks to promote a better understanding of the challenges and opportunities of the Internet and to foster a more inclusive and sustainable digital future.
How to Apply for Internet Society Foundation Research Program 2023?
Applications for the Internet Society Foundation Research Program 2023 will be accepted from May 12 to May 31, 2023.
- The entire process of application has been updated in 2023 to include two application cycles: April and September.
- The April cycle will accept applications from April 12 and May 31. Also, the statement of interest is no longer a part of the process. Qualified applicants must submit a single application through Flux
- If you are interested in applying or learning more about the program, you can visit the Internet Society Foundation website on: isocfoundation.fluxx.io
Eligibility Criteria for Internet Society Foundation Research Program 2023
To be considered for the Research Program:
- All Participating Independent researchers should have a Master’s or PhD degree to be eligible. Should also have independently published work in the relevant area.
- Prospective public research institutions must have a mission not far from the Foundations.
- Please note that Private institutions are not eligible entities to receive funding.
The Research Program will have the Final submissions selected based on the following criteria:
- Does the research align with one of the Foundation’s thematic areas?
- Is the research novel and applied?
- Is the research collaborative?
May 31, 2023.
More Related Content
- African Real Estate Society (AfRES) Scholarships 2022/2023 At University of Reading – How to Apply Now
- Royal Society Africa Prize 2023 for African Research Scientists – Apply Now!
- How do Facebook Ads Work – How to Create Facebook Ads
- Ten Toys You Can Buy On Amazon: Top Ten Amazon Toys For Children And Adults
- Apple Pay App – How Do I Get the Apple Pay App | Apple Pay Set Up