Are you a math enthusiast with a passion for problem-solving? Do you want to put your mathematical skills to the test and compete with students from around the world? If so, then the International Youth Math Challenge (IYMC) is the perfect platform for you.
The International Youth Math Challenge is one of the most prestigious online math competitions. Attracting students from all corners of the globe. It is a platform where young minds can showcase their mathematical prowess, unleash their creativity, and engage in exciting problem-solving challenges. With awards and cash prizes worth over 700 USD up for grabs, this is an opportunity you don’t want to miss.
In this article, we will explore the exciting opportunities that await you in the IYMC 2023 competition and how you can participate to win awards and cash prizes.
International Youth Math Challenge 2023
The 2023 edition of the International Youth Math Challenge (IYMC), is inviting suitably qualified students from all countries to prove their mathematical skills and explore the fascinating world of mathematics. By participating in this challenge, students not only enhance their problem-solving abilities but also gain recognition for their achievements through certificates and prizes.
Prizes and Benefits
- Participating in the Maths Challenge attracts a Certificate of Participation upon successful completion for all participants
- Best students will receive financial rewards;
- First prize: $150 USD
- Second prize: $100 USD
- Third Prize: $50 USD
- The challenge so comes with national awards
- Participants will have access to join the IYMC network for an opportunity to connect with outstanding students
Requirements for the IYMC 2023
To be eligible to participate in the 2023 edition of the International Youth Math Challenge, applicants must meet the conditions below:
- Applicants must be current high school or tertiary Institution students
- Candidates are required to solve certain specified problems in other to qualify for the next round however, it depends on the Candidate’s age (over 18 or below 18 years)
- A working internet connection is required for the submission of solutions
- The challenge is open to students from any region and grade
How to Participate
To participate in the International Youth Math Challenge 2023, all Qualified students should click the link found below:
- The qualification round of IYMC 2023 comprises five math problems of varying topics and difficulty levels. To qualify for the pre-final round, participants must solve at least three problems correctly if they are under 18 years old, and four problems correctly if they are over 18. The range of problem topics, from geometry to number theory, ensures that there is something interesting for everyone.
The deadline for the qualification round is September 16, 2023. It’s important to submit your solutions online before the deadline to secure your spot in the first round.
- Successful participants who qualify for the first round will have the opportunity to register for this stage of the competition, which takes place in October. During the pre-final round, participants will have four days to solve ten challenging math problems. The registration fee for the pre-final round is 8 EUR, which helps support and sustain this exciting competition.
- For those who excel in the pre-final round, the final round of IYMC awaits. Successful finalists will be required to take an online exam under the supervision of their teachers. This exam will put their math skills to the ultimate test. The winners of the final round will be awarded certificates and cash prizes worth over 700 USD, a testament to their exceptional abilities and dedication to mathematics.
- Apply here: iymc.info/en/#qualification
CHECK THESE OUT:
- Undergraduate Math Scholarship 2022/2023 At University of Edinburgh, UK – How to Apply Now
- Is there math on the LSAT? 2021 Law School Admission Test Deadline
- Best Teacher Gifts Amazon – Teachers Gift Buying Guide
- SAT Score Calculator: How to Calculate Your Scholastic Assessment Test Scores
- Best Universities to Study Engineering in the UK