The International Olympic Committee IOC Young Leaders Program 2023-2026 is a golden opportunity to pursue a leadership position at IOC, Make Your journey to becoming an IOC Young Leader a reality!
International Olympic Committee (IOC) Young Leaders Program
The programme is designed to run for a period of four (4) years to give participants enough time to go through the phases of developing a social business/project that provides solutions to their communities most pressing challenge.
Every year, the programme is structured around the development of the young leader and their sport-based social business/project.
Generally, the learning activities of the IOC Young Leaders Program entail a wide range of subjects and experts, in such areas as human centered-design, prototyping, ecosystem mapping, leadership skills, public relations, finance, fund-raising, impact measurement, user research, digital communications.
The programme adopts a blended approach, combining virtual sessions and discussions, community spaces, and learning through in-person and networking experiences.
Details About IOC Young Leaders Program
- Type: Leadership Program
- Organization: The International Olympic Committee (IOC)
- Location: Virtual sessions and discussions, community spaces, and learning through in-person and networking experiences.
- Duration: Four Years
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: December 31, 2022
About International Olympic Committee (IOC)
The International Olympic Committee, commonly called the IOC, was founded in 1894 by Pierre de Coubertin and Demetrios Vikelas, it is a non-governmental sports organization located in Lausanne, Switzerland.
IOC takes the form of an association under the Swiss Civil Code (articles 60–79). The organization is vested with the responsibility of organizing the modern Olympic Games.
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) is the governing body of the National Olympic Committees (NOCs) and of the worldwide Olympic Movement.
Benefits of IOC Young Leaders Program
Each IOC Young Leader will receive the following benefits:
- A seed-funding worth CHF 10,000 delivered over the four years
- Monthly expert-led workshops and guidance
- Young Leaders will have access to thought leaders and inspirational figures
- Leaders will be invited to attend the bi-annual IOC Youth Summit
- An invitation to attend and speak at global gatherings
- Access to Networking and knowledge-sharing opportunities
- Leadership Coaching
- Work with a dedicated team on hand to provide support
- Access to follow the IOC social handles and subscribe to its newsletter for timely updates
How to Apply for IOC Young Leaders Program 2023-2026?
- Locate the webpage of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdUc8e4ulDaFCyLNiKtMlrWUZmtsVf_2RRsIjARFatXavSXug/viewform to apply
- The selection process for the IOC Young Leaders 2023-2026 is in two stages: the 4-Week Learning Sprint and the IOC Young Leaders Programme Application Process.
- STAGE 1
This is the stage of completing the 4-Week Learning Sprint which is the first prerequisite for a candidate to be eligible to apply for the IOC Young Leaders Programme.
- STAGE 2
Upon completing the 4-Week Learning Sprint and a Certificate of Participation is received, the candidate becomes eligible to apply for the IOC Young Leaders Programme.
- For more details, visit IOC website found below: https://olympics.com/ioc/sport-and-active-society/young-leaders/application
Eligibility Criteria for IOC Young Leaders Program Qualification
- Eligible to apply to include an exceptional group of young leaders who have the passion to solve local problems through grassroots sport-based initiatives and sustainable social business models and
- Leaders/a group of diverse young leaders with different backgrounds, perspectives, skillsets, motivations, and experiences.
The IOC Young Leader Profile
- Age: 20-28 years old
- English Language Proficiency
- Young Leaders should have a Passion for sports as a tool for social and economic change
- Interest in community action
- Candidates with Knowledge of the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Good communicator and a team player who is willing to learn and grow
- Young Leaders who are Comfortable managing social media, and new technologies and platforms
Requirements and skills for IOC Young Leaders Program 2023
- Candidate must have good knowledge of English, as all learning materials and communication will be in English.
- Commitment of two-hour per week to participate in weekly virtual sessions and to fulfill weekly tasks.
- Access to a strong and reliable internet connection is a major requirement
- Candidates must have the basic technology skills necessary to navigate four virtual sessions, fill in digital feedback forms, and complete weekly tasks.
- Ideal Candidates must have Social media skills to complete weekly social media tasks.
December 31, 2022.
More Related Content
- Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship 2024 – Apply Now!
- Sainsbury Institute Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Fellowships 2023-2024 – Call for Application
- Drexel University Global Scholar Program 2023 for Undergraduate Students – APPLY NOW!
- Painting Jobs In USA with visa Sponsorship – Apply Now!
- Michigan State University Global Ambassador Grant Scholarship – Apply Now!