This article will assist you in obtaining interior decorating jobs in the United States with a VISA sponsorship. There are several ways to get into the United States of America. One example is VISA sponsorship. To get into the United States of America with a VISA sponsorship, you must get a job beforehand.
Interior decorating is a skill that has a lot of potentials. With this skill, you can become self-employed in your home country and even in the United States of America.
Interior Decorating Jobs in USA with VISA Sponsorship
For the sake of this essay, let’s take a look at the roles and responsibilities of an interior decorator and how to get such jobs with VISA sponsorship in the United States of America.
To start our discussion properly, let’s take a look at the role of an interior decorator.
Who is an Interior Decorator?
An interior decorator is a professional whose role is to design and decorate the interior, or inside, of people’s houses.
The note below explains the major ways in which their jobs are done:
Interior Decorator Roles and Responsibilities
The major duties of an interior decorator are;
- They communicated with clients throughout the decorating process to ensure full customer satisfaction.
- They collaborate with architects, other designers’ contractors, and other professionals to create cohesive design plans for house interiors.
- Interior decorators present proposals to clients that include design plans and cost estimates for proposed renovations.
- They create 3D drawings of interior space layouts to show clients different design options.
- They recommend materials and furnishings based on the preferences and budgets of clients.
- These professionals conduct market research to identify design trends and customer preferences,
- Manage all the aspects of a project from beginning to end, including client relations, the hiring of subcontractors, and overseeing construction.
- They coordinate with other contractors and other industry professionals to ensure that all aspects of projects are completed on time and within budget.
- They determine which colors, textures, and styles will be the best to suit the needs of the clients based on taste and preferences.
Companies offering VISA sponsorship for interior decorators in the United States of America
Some companies that offer VISA sponsorship for foreign interior decorators are:
Dover Rug & Home
This company is looking for an interior designer/sales associate who would like to participate in home furnishings and has a high desire to succeed. The projected income for this job ranges from $44.2K to $56K a year.
Mead & Hunt, Inc.
Mead and Hunt are looking for an interior designer with at least 5 years of experience and a bachelor’s degree to work on a full-time basis. The salary expectations for this job range from $59.6K to $75.5K a year.
Cline Design Associates
This company is looking for a project designer. This job has lots of incentives and benefits, including a 401(k), dental insurance, disability insurance, health insurance, and paid time off. The expected income for this job ranges from $56.4K to $71.5K a year.
This company is looking for a facility designer to work on a full-time basis. This person will be responsible for the development and documentation of interior design projects. The projected income for this professional will range from $47.7K to $60.4K a year.
Perkins Engineering Consultants
This company is looking for a full-time interior designer with a bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of working experience. The projected salary for this job will range from $56.5K to $71.5K a year.
To get more details about these jobs, visit this page.
Requirements to Become an Interior Decorator in the United States of America
To become a good interior decorator qualified to be employed in the United States, you must have the following qualifications:
- Although this may not be entirely necessary, Earn a professional certification in interior decoration to increase your CV.
- Get accreditation from the Certified Interior Decorators International and the Interior Design Society.
- Get adequate time-management experience. This can range between six months and two years.
- Have a portfolio containing your most impressive jobs and comments from your most recent customers.
Skills Required to Become a Good Interior Decorator
To become a very effective and efficient interior decorator, you must possess the following skills:
- You must have a good knowledge of computer-aided design.
- an exceptional sense of design
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good financial and budgeting skills
The Average Annual Salary of an Interior Decorator
On an average basis, interior decorators earn around $16.06 in the United States of America. On a yearly basis, they earn an average of $33.404.
Where to Find an Interior Decorator Job with VISA Sponsorship in the United States
There is a massive demand for design jobs in the United States of America. It may be very difficult to get a job in the USA from your home country. We have a proven way to help you find your way around that.
The best way to find a job in another country from your location is by job hunting online. You have to be very specific in your search to make sure you get interior decoration jobs in the United States with a VISA sponsorship.
Some valuable websites have been set aside for this purpose. Websites such as Indeed and Linkedin can give you job suggestions for any type of profession and location. Read the brief note below to know the major steps to follow to get these jobs.
How to Apply for Interior Decoration Jobs in the United States of America
To apply for an interior decorator job in the United States of America, follow the steps below:
- First, make sure you have all the qualifications listed in this article.
- After that, construct a USA-standard curriculum vitae and cover letter.
- After that, visit the websites above and search for “interior decorator jobs in the USA with VISA sponsorship.”
- When you get a list of suggestions from the websites, visit the official websites of the job postings to get more information about the jobs.
- When you have sorted out the best fit for you, submit your application.
The job recruiter will contact you if you are chosen for the position.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is interior design in demand in the USA?
Despite the limited employment growth in the United States of America, there are about 8200 openings projected each year.
How much does visa sponsorship cost?
To file for an H1-B visa, you may be required to spend about $460 to $500 and then $750 to $1500 depending on the size of your company.
What Is the Starting Salary for an Interior Designer in the United States?
The average annual salary of interior decorators in the United States of America is $65,714. or $33.70 per hour. Entry-level positions will be paid an average of $50,270 per year.
Who Earns the Most in Interior Design?
The five best-paid interior decorating professions are:
- Interior design writer: $51,971 per year.
- Merchant wholesale interior designer: $65,930 per year
- Design consultant: $69,752 per year.
- Architectural interior designer: $71,150 per year
- Federal government interior designer: $87,180 per year.
What Is the Distinction Between an Interior Designer and a Decorator?
Interior design is the art and science of understanding the behavior of people to create functional spaces within a building. Interior decoration, however, is the furnishing and adorning of a space with decorative elements to achieve a certain look.