How convenient it is that there is a service that would pick up and deliver your grocery to you whenever. Instacart Shopper provides this service to you for a relatively small fee. Instacart is an American company that does a grocery pickup and delivery service in the United States of America and also in Canada. The way the company works, your orders are fulfilled and delivered by an Instacart personal shopper, who picks, packs, and delivers the order within the customer’s designated time frame which is usually within a time frame given by the company to deliver your grocery after the order has been placed. Read on to find out more about Instacart.
Instacart was founded in 2012 and has its headquarters in San Francisco, California, United States of America. it was founded by Apoorva Mehta, Max Mullen, and Brandon Leonardo, and the company is currently owned by Maplebear Inc. with Apoorva Mehta as CEO.
The company only focuses on grocery delivery as this is its only service. And it operates within the United States of America and Canada only. The company partners with the most popular national and regional retailers such as Albertsons, ALDI, Costco, CVS, Kroger, Loblaw, Publix, Sam’s Club, Sprouts, and Wegmans, among others. The Instacart offers more than 300 retailers and trusted local grocers that customers love. This allows you to shop from grocery stores you are familiar with and get products you prefer.
Delivery | Instacart Shopper
The delivery of groceries through Instacart fits your schedule. You can get your grocery delivered in one hour, or for later in the day or week to fit your schedule. The portal for booking for deliveries starts as early as 9 am and run as late as midnight. Delivery of groceries can be done in one hour, in a day or within one week.
There are two types of delivery. The;
- Standard delivery: this type of delivery takes the usual number of time frames to get to you and comes at the normal cost rate for the delivery services.
- Express delivery: as the name depicts, it is a faster way to get your ordered items delivered to you. This service delivers items in a time range lesser than the usual duration for the delivery and it comes at an extra cost.
In the Instacart shopper catalog, there are some items that are not included in it. They are;
- Live animals, including feeder animals for pets.
- Electronics and electronic peripherals.
- Non-alcoholic age-restricted products like tobacco and over-the-counter items containing nicotine.
- Items containing pseudoephedrine, ephedrine, and phenylpropanolamine.
- Holiday trees.
- Lottery Tickets.
- Gift cards.
Item like these mentioned above may not be found on the Instacart catalog. This is because they do not consider these items as grocery and therefore do not pick up or deliver them.
Fees And Pricing
The items on the Instacart page may have a different price from the store prices. This price is not set by Instacart but by the retailer selling. However, some of the retailers put up the same prices of the stores on the Instacart page.
The cost of fees for delivery is mostly determined by the distance (from the stores where the products are picked up to the place of delivery).
How to order from Instacart
To place your order on Instacart, to pick up and deliver your grocery to your doorstep or wherever you are, follow these steps.
- Go to instacart.com on your browser.
- Find the grocery item you want.
- Add every item you want to purchase to your cart.
- When you are done picking out your desired item, review your cart. This is to make sure all the items you want to purchase are in there are any items you do not want can be removed.
- Checkout on your cart and proceed to pay for the items purchased alongside adding the address to receive your deliveries.
Now, you can go ahead and place your order for delivery.
The platform is also available in an application that is supported by Android and iOS devices. This can be easily downloaded, installed, and accessed from the Google Play Store or Apple Store. This is totally depending on the application store your mobile device operates on.
Instacart Account | Instacart Shopper
To make use of Instacart, you have to first create an account with the platform. You can do this by giving only your basic details and address. You can sign up for the account if you do not have any yet to create on and log in to access the services of the platform.
Instacart Sign up
To sign up, you would need an active email address, your name, address, and a preferred secured password. The following are the steps to follow;
- Go to instacart.com on your browser or simply go to your app.
- Add your address or zip code and click on “Continue”.
- Promptly follow the instructions.
You would have successfully created an Instacart online account.
To login to your account, you would only need the email address you used in creating the account. To log in, follow these steps;
- Click on “Login” on the homepage of Instacart.
- Type in your email address, and your password into the appropriate space bar provided for it.
- Click on “Log in”.
This would successfully log you into your account and you can start ordering away.