Grocery shopping usually means taking money out of your bank account. For Instacart shoppers, it’s a chance to cash in. An Instacart shopper is also known as an Instacart delivery driver. Workers make money by shopping for groceries at local stores which Instacart has partnered with and delivering those items to customers’ homes.
Instacart Delivery Driver
The demand for Instacart shoppers has increased drastically as people stay at home to avoid becoming infected with the coronavirus, but those picking and delivering groceries face risks to their health, too. You are to ensure to weigh the risks along with the benefits such as extra cash and flexible hours before signing up.
Instacart is a grocery delivery service that partners with local stores to deliver items directly to customers’ homes. It is a service that relies on independent contractors and part-time workers to fulfill and transport orders. The hours are flexible and the orders come through Instacart’s Shopper app. However, the job responsibilities and the way you earn money, depend on whether you’re a full-service or in-store shopper. Some of these job responsibilities and benefits are as follows;
- Independent contractor
- Shop and deliver groceries
- Able to work an unlimited number of hours per week.
- Role is available wherever Instacart operates.
- Part-time employee of Instacart
- In-store shopping only (no delivery, hence a car is not required)
- Work at least 15 to 20 hours per week, including Sundays or Mondays
- Get benefits including savings
- Temporary in-store shopper jobs are available in many areas to help meet increased demand. These positions are expected to last 90 days.
How to Work As an Instacart Delivery Driver/Shopper
- Download the Instacart Shopper app to sign up
- You can opt to work as an in-store shopper or a full-service shopper (the latter includes making deliveries)
- Get paid a commission or by the hour, depending on employment type
- Set your own schedule
- Instantly cash out (available for many shoppers).
Requirements to Be an Instacart Delivery Driver/Shopper
If you want to make money with Instacart, there are a handful of basic requirements you have to meet. Some of these requirements are as follows;
- Must be at least 18 years old. If you want to deliver alcohol, which often results in larger tips, you have to be at least 21 years old in some states
- You should be able to lift at least 30 pounds, and as much as 50 pounds, “with or without accommodation”
- Must own a smartphone. Your smartphone must be an iPhone (with iOS 9 or later) or Android (5.0 or later)
- Pass a background check
- Have a checking or savings account. Instacart delivery drivers/shoppers are paid through direct deposit, so you’ll need a bank account to collect your earnings.
Full-service shoppers must have the following:
- A valid driver’s license and access to a car
- You need insurance coverage that meets the requirements of the state.
- A set of insulated bags. You will need enough thermal-insulated bags to hold four standard-sized paper grocery bags. Your insulated bags must close completely and be safe for food contact (no harmful chemicals).
More Related Posts
- Reviews Swagbucks – How Do You Get The Most Money On Swagbucks
- Peapod: The Perfect Online Grocery Delivery Platform For You
- UPS Tracking: How to Access the UPS Tracking Page
- Capital One Shopping Portal – How does Capital One Shopping Works
- Fundraising Nonprofits: Effective Virtual Fundraising Ideas for Nonprofits