The IITA Coursera Scholarship 2023 is designed to prepare young professionals in agriculture with the requisite skills and capacity for Tech in Agriculture.
In Agriculture/Farming, the impact of the knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) cannot be overemphasized, People with GIS skills are highly sort after in most industries, especially in Agriculture and farming.
Therefore, the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), is committed to advancing precision Agriculture in Africa by training young professionals in Agriculture with GIS Skills, to enable them to carry out future work and handle tech in Agriculture.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), in partnership with the I-Youth program of IITA, is facilitating this scholarship opportunity for Young Nigerian Professionals in Agriculture to learn and gain skills in GIS Specializations.
This skill consists of 5 courses that equip Nigerian youths with geospatial awareness, an understanding and application of GIS to develop and contribute to the agricultural sector through geospatial solutions.
Summary of the IITA Coursera Scholarship 2023 For Young Nigerians
- Type: Entrepreneurship
- Host Organization: International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- Country: Nigeria
- Eligible Gender: Men and Women
- Scholarship Status: Open
- Application Deadline: January 27, 2023
- Number of Scholarships: Less than 100 scholarships available
Benefits of IITA Coursera Scholarship 2023 For Young Nigerians
The benefits of IITA Coursera Scholarship include the following;
- Participants will take courses from UCDavis
- Recipients will gain Skills with Hands-on-Project
- Earn a Certificate upon completing the program successfully
About the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture commonly called IITA was created in 1967 in Ibadan, Nigeria.
The institute’s operations are carried out in partnership with other organizations to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. This is aimed at reducing hunger, malnutrition, and poverty.
The establishment of IITA was the initiative of the Ford and Rockefeller foundations with the aim of establishing a centre for the improvement in the quality of tropical foods. The IITA’s research-for-development also called R4D is focused on addressing the development needs of low countries.
IITA is headquartered in Ibadan, Nigeria, with several research stations across Africa. The institute is governed by a Board of Trustees as a nonprofit organization and is supported by several countries and the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR).
How to Apply for IITA Coursera Scholarship For Young Nigerians?
Are Interested and qualified? Click the IITA link found below to apply: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F
Eligibility Criteria for IITA Coursera Scholarship For Young Nigerians Qualification
To be considered for the Coursera Scholarship, you must:
- Meet the required ages of 18 years minimum and 35 years maximum.
- Should have access to a computer/Laptop with good Internet access
- You must be committed to completing the course in due time
January 27, 2023
CHECK THIS OUT:
- University of Waikato Excellence Scholarships 2023 for International Students – APPLY NOW!
- Hult University Global Generation Scholarship Program For Undergraduates – APPLY NOW!
- BOI Entrepreneurship Programme 2023 For Nigerian Youth – APPLY NOW!
- Australia Awards Fellowships 2023 Fully Funded – APPLY NOW!