Application for the ICGEB Arturo Falaschi PhD Fellowships 2023 is now Open. The International Centre for Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology (ICGEB) is offering a postgraduate studies opportunity with the aim of obtaining a PhD degree in the life sciences.
The PhD degree is usually awarded via a number of academic institutions of international standing, which include The Jawaharlal Nehru University in New Delhi, India, Open University (UK), International School for Advanced Studies in Trieste, Italy, and the University of Cape Town in South Africa.
Details About ICGEB Arturo Falaschi PhD Fellowships
- Scholarship Type: Postgraduate
- Host Organization: The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB)
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2023
Brief History Of International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB)
The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) was founded in 1983 as a project of the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO.
As an organization, ICGEB has three Component laboratories with over 45 ongoing research projects in Infectious and Non-communicable diseases, Medical, Industrial, and Plant Biology Biotechnology in the following locations: New Delhi, India, Cape Town, South Africa, and the Trieste in Italy.
Benefits of ICGEB Arturo Falaschi PhD Fellowships 2023
Successful fellows will receive the following benefits;
- The provision of a monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 1,300
New Delhi (India): US$ 1,020
Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 14,000.
- Travel: The fellowship covers the travel expenses from the participant’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
- Insurance for Medical health covers the full duration of the fellowship.
- University tuition fee waiver for the entire PhD registration period.
- A /permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
- Fellows will receive support for participation in Meetings and Courses is generally provided by the Group Leader / PI.
How to Apply for ICGEB Arturo Falaschi PhD Fellowships 2023?
- All Interested and qualified candidates should locate the International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) on: https://isg.icgeb.org/auth/login to apply
- Contact the ICGEB Group Leader/PI of Your choice with a motivation letter, to determine the availability of laboratory space and to define the research project proposal that will form an integral part of the application.
- For more details, visit ICGEB website: https://www.icgeb.org/fellowships/arturo-falaschi-phd-fellowships/
Eligibility Criteria for ICGEB Arturo Falaschi PhD Fellowships Qualification
To be eligible for ICGEB Arturo Falaschi PhD Fellowships, candidates must meet the following criteria
- To be eligible, Candidates must come from ICGEB Member State. Please note that nationals of India and South Africa, ICGEB Host Countries, are not eligible to apply for ICGEB Fellowships in their home country.
- Applicants for ICGEB Trieste are required to have a BSc degree, while applicants for ICGEB Cape Town and New Delhi should hold an MSc degree.
- Sound knowledge of the English language is a major requirement for Applicants and must be supported by a proficiency certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate, or equivalent).
- All the Candidates for Trieste, Italy must be below the age of 32 years at the time of application
- No age limit for ICGEB New Delhi and Cape Town Applications
Documents Required for Application
The following documents in pdf files will be required for applicants to upload.
- Complete CV
- Academic records which include diploma certificates and transcripts giving detailed information on all courses/final examinations completed, credit value or hours per course, and grades received.
- All academic documents submitted must be issued by the degree-granting University and bear the official seals and signatures and should be submitted in the original language accompanied by an official English translation of each document.
- The ICGEB Group Leader’s written statement
- A valid means of identification document
- English Certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge or similar). This certificate is compulsory for Trieste and is not requested when scholastic education has been undertaken in English.
March 31, 2023.
More Related Content
- University College London Bartlett Promise Scholarship 2023 for African Students – APPLY NOW!
- MRS Oil Nig. Plc Scholarship Scheme 2023 for Outstanding Nigerian Students – APPLY NOW!
- Lester B. Pearson Scholarship 2023 Fully Funded – Apply Now!
- Islamic University of Medinah Scholarships – Apply Now!
- Uppsala University King Carl Gustaf Scholarship 2023 in Sweden – For Developing Countries