Almost every Netflix user, at a time or another, has wished on How To Watch Netflix Movies offline. Everybody wants to seek a way to download Netflix movies on an iPhone or iPad to watch when there’s no internet available.
For years people wanted an offline viewing option and Netflix has finally given people what they wished for. In this post, we’ll be discussing how to watch Netflix offline on iPad, iPhone and whether it’s possible to access offline videos on Mac.
How To Watch Netflix Movies
Thanks to Netflix your downloaded content will be saved easily on your iOS device but that a similar isn’t true for Mac. This is because there’s no Netflix app for Mac.
I will trot out the recommendations for How To Watch Netflix Movies offline on Mac but it’s important to bear in mind that it’s against the app’s terms and conditions.
As far as iPhone and iPad users are concerned, downloading Netflix videos is straightforward. And your device can store as many videos as you would like, granted you’ve got enough storage on your device.
How to watch Netflix Offline on iPad or iPhone
Firstly, you should download the Netflix app from App Store. If you’ve already downloaded Netflix, update it. Open App Store, click on Updates, and tap the Update button next to Netflix.
- Open the app. You’ll most likely see a screen informing you about the offline viewing feature. Either dismiss it or tap Find Something to Download.
- If you did not see this screen, tap on the Menu icon within the upper left corner to access downloadable Netflix content.
- Tap on the Menu and choose Available to Download.
- Find the television program or movie you would like to download.
- Tap on the download button to get the movie for offline viewing. You’ll have to download each individual episode if you’re downloading a series.
When the content has been downloaded, open the Menu again and choose My Downloads to access all the videos you’ve downloaded.
Tap on the video you would like to watch offline. Then, you can begin to watch Netflix offline on your iPad, iPhone Mac or Windows Computer. And that’s How To Watch Netflix Movies.
Download Netflix Movies to Watch Offline
While the new offline feature may be a welcome addition to Netflix. You would possibly want to know if everything you’ll ever want to see is offered to download.
To download Netflix movies, you’ll visit the Available for Download tab within the Menu. And tap on the search icon to search out the movie or show you’re searching for.
If you see a download button, it’s available for offline viewing, if it’s not there you’ll have no choice left but to view it online.
How to Delete Netflix Videos Stored on Devices
After you’ve finished watching what you downloaded it’s important you delete it. Otherwise, it’ll just sit there taking space.
- Tap on the Edit button within the upper right corner and tap the (X) next to the video you would like to delete.
- Alternatively, you should swipe left on the video and tap on the (X) to delete it.
- If you would like to delete all of the downloaded content quickly, follow these steps:
- Open the Menu within the Netflix app.
- Scroll down and then click on App Settings.
- Click on Delete All Downloads and confirm the delete.
If a show expires before you watch it, connect your device to a Wi-Fi connection. Delete the downloaded content and redownload the video to begin the expiration timer again.
How to Manage Netflix Offline Content
If you access the Menu within the app, you’ll see a bar showing what proportion of your iPhone’s space has been used.
And also, what amount of it’s been occupied by Netflix content. This makes it easier to choose whether or not you would like to download some content before downloading the new one.
You can also change the video quality. The setting is set to standard by default which saves space but users can always alter its settings for improved picture quality. To observe on storage or change video quality:
- Open the Menu within the Netflix app.
- Scroll down and tap on App Settings.
- The bar depicting storage details is at the bottom.
From this menu, tap on video quality to change it from Standard to Higher or another way around.
How to Download Netflix on Mac or Windows
The above steps on how to watch Netflix offline are for iPhone users. But is there an option of downloading content on a Mac or PC too?
There is no Netflix app for Mac yet, which suggests you can’t download content to watch offline like iOS devices. Though there is an app for computers running Windows 10. But it doesn’t allow to download content for offline viewing.
Bloggers suggest recording the screen that you’ll find many apps or software but the videos will need to be played for that.
The new offline viewing feature was welcomed by users with iOS devices. But people with a Mac are still expecting Netflix to allow them to benefit from this newly added feature.
Nonetheless, giving the consumers what they need is precisely what Netflix should do. And also, the introduction of this feature may be a step in the right direction on How To Watch Netflix Movies.