How to Use Your Android as a Second Monitor for your PC. It is possible to connect an Android device to any windows PC, that would open the door to a plethora of new possibilities in terms of multi-tasking and cross-platform productivity. As a matter of fact, Android devices integrate quite well with Windows desktops, laptops, or tablets.
How to Use Your Android as a Second Monitor for your PC
Making use of the phone link app, you can seamlessly connect your Android smartphone with a Windows PC to carry out a variety of things. This would include seeing phone notifications on a computer, transferring photos between the mobile devices and desktop devices, and even making use of the android apps on windows.
Also, it allows you to project the screen of your Android smartphone onto a windows computer. However, it would not work the way around, meaning the phone link would not allow you to use your android device as a secondary PC monitor. Unlike the Apple Sidecar display extension feature, the Android and Windows devices are yet to get something as seamless when it comes to the native screen-casting. Fortunately, you can make use of third-party applications like “Spacedesk,” which is a free app that can accomplish something really similar.
How to Turn an Android Device into a Wireless PC Display
In other to extend the Display on your PC screen to Android, first you would have to follow a series of steps in other to configure the app properly. The process itself can be sometimes complicated, to begin with, but it gets easier once you get through the initial setup.
- First on your PC, download the appropriate “Space Desk Driver software for windows primary PC (server)” file for your windows PC version on Spacedesk’s download page.
- After that, click on the file to install it
- Launch the app
- And once you are inside the “Spacedesk driver Console” Menu, click on the first option labeled “Control” and then be sure that the “Spacedesk Status” toggle is set to “On.”
- After that, click on the “Network” option.
- Afterward, be sure to take note of all the figures right next to the IP address bar that is found here.
The next steps are expected to take place on your Android device.
- First you need to visit Google Play Store, then install and open the Spacedesk app.
- You are expected to arrive at the “Spacedesk viewer” menu, where you can see all of the devices that are set to accept screen-casting.
- After that tap on the device that has an IP Address matching the figures you took note of in step 7 above.
- If this is not, done properly, you would now be able to see your PC screen projected onto your device.
How to Use Android as a Second PC Monitor Without Wifi
While the steps for most Android and windows models, require need the two devices to be connected to the same network wirelessly in order to make the display properly. If you want to hook up your android device as a second PC monitor using a wired connection instead, you can also do so with USB tethering.
- Launch the Spacedesk in other to enter the “Spacedesk Driver console.”
- Connect your android device directly to your PC using a data cable.
- On Your Android device, enter the “Settings” menu by tapping the gear icon.
- Tap on the “Network and Internet” option
- Select “Hotspot and Tethering.”
- Tap on the toggle switch to Enable “USB tethering”
- Launch the Spacedesk app right on your phone, then tap on the name of your PC from the menu to start the display extension.
In other to extend the display instead of mirroring them, follow the instructions stated below:
- Right from your PC desktop, click on “Action Center” button, that would appear right on the lower-right corner of the display next to the system tray.
- Click on the option to “Project”
- Choose “Extend.”
Once your Android device is displaying on your screen, then you can tap on the floating stacked horizontal bars in other to disconnect the display, pull up a virtual keyboard, or toggle audio.
- How to Use Google Pay on your Android Devices – Download Google Pay
- How to Use Samsung’s Find My Mobile App – Find My Mobile App
- Rainbow Six Mobile Confirmed – Rainbow Six Mobile Still in Beta
- Disney Plus App – How to Download the Disney Plus App
- Buy a Gaming PC in 3 Easy Steps – When Buying a Gaming PC Don’t Get Bothered With the Overclocks