If you have a business in this century, you should learn how to use google workspace for business. This article will give you all the information you seek on google workspace for business.
How to Use Google Workspace for Business
Google workspace for business is what your business needs to move to the next level. The first thing we should consider here is, what is Google workspace?
Google Workspace is a collection of cloud computing, productivity, and collaboration resources or tools, software, and products that are developed and marketed by Google.
Google Workspace gives your organization more control and more features for the day to day running of the business, so with the workspace, you can secure documents and data, collaborate more effectively, and leverage advanced features and programs to make your teams faster, more collaborative, and better informed than ever before.
Google Workspace helps you experience all the benefits of true digital transformation, which includes the ability to work in new ways that support hybrid and remote work environments.
What is Included in Google Workspace?
Google workspace has a collection of tools for the smooth day-to-day running of your business.
Here’s a list of those tools,
- Gmail for business
- Google Meet for video conferences
- Calendar for setting events and appointments
- Docs for creating content online
- Keep for making and saving notes
- Sheets for spreadsheets and organization
- Drive for Google cloud storage
- Chat for quick team messages
- Access to Google Workspace apps via the Google Marketplace
- …and more
At a basic level, Google workspace offers the following features or tools for subscription fees. These tools have been upgraded to suit the purpose of your business.
How to Use Google Workspace
This section will give an accurate step-by-step process of accessing, setting up, and answering major questions on the Google workspace feature for your business.
How to Sign up for Google Workspace
The first thing to do here is to prepare your business domain, after which you can follow the steps below;
- Go to the workspace website, www.workspace.google.com with the browser of your phone or your computer.
- After that, you will be directed to a home page, click on get started
- on the next page, and you will be required to fill in your business name and click next.
- After that, submit your contact details and click on next.
- After that, enter your domain name, and click next.
- Follow the directions and provide all information needed until your account is fully set up
Assuming you Have a small business with a range of 2-9 workers. Follow the steps below to completely manage your account.
How to Manage your Google Workspace
After signing up for google workspace, the following should be done to completely set up and manage your team, set up recommended features, and start using your services.
Access your Admin console
Apparently, this is the first thing you must do.
The Admin console is where administrators manage Google services for people in an organization. To sign in to your admin account, follow the steps below.
- With any web browser, go to admin.google.com
- After that, on the next page, click on add account.
- At the sign-in page, enter the email address and password for your admin account (not a regular Gmail account). If you forgot your password, see Reset your administrator password.
The admin account is useful in Managing the services for other people in your organization. The Admin console is available only when you’re signed in to an admin account.
Set Up your Business Email
This will be the best time to activate your business email if you didn’t do it during your sign-up. This will include activating Gmail for Google Workspace, ensuring mail delivery and preventing spoofing, giving users additional addresses, and more settings.
Migrate your Team’s Data into Google Workspace
Import the details of your users like your user’s emails, contacts, calendars to their google workspace account, you can do this with the following options below
- Microsoft Outlook
- Gmail, google workspace, or webmail accounts.
- Enterprise servers
- Collaboration products
- File systems
- Mozilla Thunderbird, etc
This process will enable. you gain control and manage the information of these users in one place.
Build and Manage your Team
Set up your team members’ accounts and manage their identities. This will involve
Adding the accounts for all employees and contractors
- Adding your other domains
- Making another user an administrator
- Turning a service on or off for your users
With this process, you will be able to build and manage your team in the workspace.
Set up your Organization’s Account
Achieve this by doing the following.
- Add your business logo
- Set up 2-step verification
- Manage billing and payments
- Follow security best practices
This is the main process of setting up your organization’s account.
Manage your Meetings and Email
You can manage your meetings and emails by fulfilling the following milestones.
- Organizing your contacts
- Creating a group mailing list
- Creating a team calendar
- Delegating access to your calendar
These are the things to consider in this case.
Work with Cloud Storage & Online Documents
Your cloud storage and online document by doing the following
- File sharing permissions for your team
- Professional file templates for your organization
- Internal project website
- More Drive setup…
The next thing to do here is set up and manage your mobile devices
Set up & Manage Mobile Devices
Let your business go mobile. Let your team use Google Workspace on the go with their managed mobile devices. Enable the following on your google workspace.
- Manage your team’s mobile devices
- Use your services on mobile devices
Here you go, you can now harness Google workspace in the highest way possible.
Grow your business
if you have come this far in the process, then you can go all the way to improve the growth of your business online with the following
- Enhance web presence
- Build your organization’s website
- Get listed on local Google searches with Google My Business
- Increase website traffic with Google Ads Smart campaigns
- Improve website performance with Google Analytics
- Make your web pages easier to find with Search Console
After these, all you have to do is train your users to use the platform effectively.
- Maximum Brain Function – 5 Tips to Keep Your Brain Healthy
- Difference Between Grants and Loans – Grants vs Loans
- Webmusic: Find and Download your Favorite Songs at Webmusic.cc
- Facebook Mobile – Facebook Mobile Vs Facebook Web | Facebook Mobile App Download
- How to Create a Website – Best Website Builder to Create your Website