In this article, I would be giving you details on how to use a PS5 controller on your PC or Mac making use of a USB cable or Bluetooth.
There are two major ways involved in connecting the PlayStation 5 Best controller “the DualSense Controller” to your PC. The first is using a USB cable and the second is via Bluetooth.
Connecting via Bluetooth is an easy step to follow, but sometimes, users tend to face some Lag performance due to poor connectivity. In such situations, it is a lot better for you to make use of a USB cable to carry out the connection if you want a much better play with connectivity disturbances.
Using the PS5 Controller on PC or Mac
There are some things that the PlayStation 5 controller cannot carry out if you are making use of it on a PC or Mac. Below are some of the downsides to the DualSense on mac or windows computers.
- There’s no haptic feedback: While you get to feel every detail of the game you are playing on your PlayStation 5, when using the controller on your PC or Mac, there is a limit to how your game would feel.
- The Adaptive Triggers are not active: one of the best features of the DualSense is that you can squeeze the triggers and see just how they affect what you are doing. Well, this is not possible on PC or Mac.
- You Might be Required to Configure the Buttons: some of the games would come with the right PlayStation button prompts but not all, so just expect to make some configuration to something for each individual game.
How to use PS5 Controller on PC
Setting your PS5 controller on your windows 10 is quite a simple process. The steps is not that complicated. The steps include:
- First get your PS5 DualSense controller and then a USB-C to USB-A cable that came alongside it.
- Plug in your cable into a spare USB port on your PC
- With this, your windows 10 should detect your controller
How to Connect PS5 Controller to Mac
The connecting process is not that complicated on a Mac, all you have to do is follow the simple process that I would be starting for you on a PC. Below are the steps you need to follow:
- First, collect your PS5 DualSense controller and the charging cable that came with it
- Then, plug in your controller into a spare USB port available on your Mac
- The controller would be detected by your Mac and be ready to use.
How to Place your PS5 Controller into pairing Mode
Once you connect your PC or your Mac to a PlayStation 5 controller via Bluetooth, you would need to place the PS5 controller into pairing mode in other for your device to detect it right under Bluetooth devices. It is not as obvious as it looks so here is what you need to do.
- Right on your PlayStation 5 Controller, hold down the PS button and then the share button until the controller lights start flashing on your controller.
- The controller should now be available as an option on your Bluetooth device’s menu on your PC or Mac.
How to Use PS5 Controller with Steam
One major reason why a lot of users want to own a PS5 controller connected to your PC or Mac is so that they would be able to play steam-based games. Here I would be giving you steps on how to set up your controller within steam once you have it connected.
- First, launch steam
- Click on “Steam” > “Settings/preferences”.
- Click “Controller”
- Click on “General Controller Settings”
- After that, click on the PS5 controller.
- Enter the button configuration you want for each button tap
- Click on “Save and Exit”
Also Read: Easy Way to Make Money as a Student
How do I Find my PS5’s Mac Address?
First, make sure that your console is on and no disc is inserted, then launch the PS5 settings menu. Select Network > View > connection Status, and you would find out that both LAN and Wi-Fi Mac Address for your PS5 is the status windows.
Why Does PS5 Controller not Work on PC?
In other to fix the PS5 controller not connecting to the PC, users are expected to “Make sure the PS5 is paired with the PC”. Place the PS5 controller in pairing mode. Then Hold the “PlayStation” logo button and “Share” button at the same time until the touchpad light flashes.
Does a PC Charge a PS5 Controller?
Yes. There are tons of ways to charge your PS5 controller. You can use the PS5 console, a regular type-c cable or your PC or TV to charge the controller. Also, there is a separate PS5 charging station that you can use to charge the controllers.