How to unlock movies and shows with Netflix secret codes and you are missing out big time if you are currently not making use of this hack.
How to Unlock Movies and Shows with Netflix Secret Codes
If in the event that you are now tired of seeing the same list of TV shows and movies on Netflix that you may like simply based on your watch history, then you should know that scrolling simply is not the best way to find something new to watch quickly or any other genre that you may be interested in.
With that being said here is a secret trick that can be used in filtering Netflix library by genre in order to find exactly what you are looking for and this is where Netflix codes come in. and instead of just accepting the algorithms pick of Netflix, you can learn how to use Netflix codes in a bid to find your very own next binge-watch.
What Are Netflix Codes
Just in case you don’t know what Netflix codes are, here it is. Netflix codes are based or designed on a number system that corresponds to a different genre or subgenre. The algorithm uses these to categorize and serve up recommendations to users. For instance, instead of scrolling through the Horror genre, you can make a search for Small Town Scares (81496215) for more specific results.
Netflix so far has up to 36,000 codes. But you should however note that these codes can only be used on the website of Netflix and not in its apps.
Where to Find Netflix’s Secret Menu
You should check out Netflix-codes.com for the complete list. There are close to 20 categories such as anime, classic and foreign movies. These subcategories on the platform are also broken down into more specific subgenres. For instance, horror movies with code 8711 are home to 12 more codes such as deep-sea horror movies, teen screams, zombie horror movies, and many more.
How to Use Netflix Codes
To use Netflix codes follow the steps below. But before you continue to the steps, the easiest way to get this done is by installing the Better Browser for Netflix extension for chrome.
- First, go to the chrome web store and do a search for ‘better browse for Netflix.’
- Next, click on the ‘add to chrome’ button and click on the add extension tab.
- You will then need to log into your Netflix account in a new tab.
At the top of the Netflix home screen, you should now see a new browse all option that is next to My List. Click on that option to manually search or scroll through the subgenres that are available.
Another way to do this is via Netflix’s code website, and here is how to do this;
- Go to Netflix-codes.com on your PC or a mobile browser.
- Next, locate the genre or subgenre that you want to explore.
- Tap on the code next to the genre or subgenre that you want.
- And suppose you are on a device that has the Netflix app already installed. In that case, the app should open and then directly take you to the genre or subgenre of your choosing. If however, you don’t have the Netflix app installed on your device, it will open Netflix via the browser and then you can view the specific shows and movies available.
- Lastly, tap on the title that you want to stream.
Lastly, you can use the Netflix codes in your browser manually, and here is how;
- Go to Netflix-codes.com on your PC or mobile browser.
- Next, find the genre or the subgenre that you want to explore.
- Go to another tab and type in <http://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/INSERTNUMBER>, but instead, you will replace ‘INSERTNUMBER’ with the specific genre or subgenre code.
- Now you will be taken to Netflix to browse through the titles that are available in that section.
From there you can either make a note of the movie that you want to stream and then go back to the app on your choice of device or simply log in to stream in your browser.