How to Unblock Someone on Facebook? Blocking someone on Facebook is the best way of preventing that person from accessing your account or seeing your posts. You might want to remove certain users from seeing you or your post or prevent them so you do not see their annoying content.
Unfriending them is not the best option to prevent them from seeing you. They can still search and see your profile even after you have unfriended them. You can Restrict a user to prevent them from seeing the post you share only to friends. Also, you might still want to unblock some of your Facebook friends or other users you have blocked. You will be open to more information as you read on.
How to Unblock Someone on Facebook
Before you can unblock a user from Facebook (How to Unblock Someone on Facebook), you would have blocked them before. This might be done as a mistake but nevertheless, you can assess your blocklists to see users you have blocked from your Facebook.
What You Can Block on Facebook (How to Unblock Someone on Facebook)
Other than users, there are other things you can block on Facebook. They include:
- Block users.
- Block messages.
- Block app invites.
- Block groups.
- Block apps.
- Block pages.
- Restricted list.
How to Access and Manage Facebook Blocking List
To see and manage what you have blocked on Facebook you will have to access the Blocking menu.
- Open the Facebook site facebook.com.
- Log in to your account.
- Click on the upside triangle icon from the upper right side of the homepage?
- Click on settings.
- Locate and select the Blocking options from the left slide of the page.
- All the Blockings will be opened to you from which you can manage them.
How to Block Friends on Facebook (How to Unblock Someone on Facebook)
If you are tired of seeing another Facebook user posts, or you want to prevent them from seeing your profile or posts then you will follow the steps:
On your computer or mobile web browser:
- Go to the Facebook site URL facebook.com.
- Sign in to your Facebook account.
- Search for the user profile you want to block.
- From the user page, click on the three-dotted icon (…) after the message icon.
- Select “Block”.
- A pop-up message will appear to confirm if you want to block this user.
- Click on confirm.
On mobile app:
- Open the Facebook App on your mobile device. (iOS, Android or BlackBerry devices)
- Sign in with your account logins.
- Search for the user you want to block or you can locate them from your friend list if the user is your friend.
- Tap on the More icon (…).
- From the list, tap on Block.
- Confirm you want to block the user by tapping on Block from the confirmation page.
What Will Blocked Users Be Able To Do (How to Unblock Someone on Facebook)
If you have blocked a Facebook user or a friend, they will not be able to:
- See the things you post to your timeline.
- Tag you.
- Invite you to groups, pages, or events.
- Message you or start a conversation.
- Add you as their Facebook friends.
Take a Break from a Facebook User
This is another option that will appear when you want to confirm the blocking of a user. You can also take a break instead of blocking a user. When you take a break from a Facebook user you will be able to:
- See less the user you take a break from.
- Prevent seeing their posts or posts they are tagged in.
Block on Facebook Messenger
You can also block a user from sending you messages instead of blocking the user. You can do this by:
- Open your Facebook messenger.
- Click or tap on the user and open their profile.
- Scroll down and click or tap on Block.
- Then finally click or tap on Block on messenger.
And confirm by clicking or tapping on Block from the confirmation page.
How to Unblock Friends On Facebook
Finally, if you want to unblock someone you might have mistakenly blocked or you want to unblock them out of choice, you can do this via the procedure below:
- Open the Facebook site facebook.com or app on the mobile device.
- Fill in your details to log in if it required you to.
- Go to the menu option from which you will click or tap on settings.
- Select the Blocking option.
- You will be shown a list of users you have blocked.
You can unblock them by clicking or tapping on “unblock” at the end of their name on the list.