Are you stuck in tablet mode on your windows 10 PC? Well, in this content I would be explaining to your everything you need to know on how to turn off tablet mode on windows 10.
What is Windows 10 Tablet Mode
On Windows 10, the tablet mode was designed to make windows more touch-friendly when making use of your device as a tablet. In tablet mode, the soft keyboard would automatically open when you touch the screen to input text. While in desktop mode, you would have to touch the soft-keyboard icon located at the lower right corner for it to be open.
How to Turn off Tablet Mode on Windows 10
Follow the steps that I would be stating for you below, and in no time, you would be turning of your tablet mode, that is if you are stuck in it and don’t know how.
- First swipe left from the right side of the display to open the windows 10 Action center. Also, you can launch the action center by just tapping the notification icon that is located in the far right corner of the taskbar. The Windows + A shortcut should launch the action center.
- A Set of tiles is found at the bottom of the action center. If you find the Expand Text above them, tap it. if not, head on to the next step.
- By default, the tiles are collapsed, and this means that the tablet mode tile is not visible. Tapping on Expand, it would make it visible.
- Tap on the tablet tile to turn it off
- One of the tiles in the action center would be labeled Tablet Mode. It should be shaded in your windows 10 theme color, which indicates that it is on.
- With this, the Tablet Mode would turn off, and the tablet mode tile in the action center would seem grey. Tap on it again and then turn the tablet mode back on.
How to Turn off Tablet Mode Permanently
With the steps above, you should be able to quickly turn off the tablet mode, but your device might turn the mode back on automatically which might piss you off. Well, taking out the keyboard in a windows 2-in-1 with a detachable keyboard would usually turn on the Tablet Mode. Follow the steps stated below to turn off automatic Tablet mode:
- Tap Windows Start to launch the start menu
- Then open the settings. It would appear as a gear icon
- Click on system
- Click on tablet
- Launch the “When I Sign in the drop-down menu and then change the setting to never use tablet mode
- Open the “when I use this device as a tablet” drop-down menu and then change the settings to not switch to tablet mode.
The changes you made would be saved automatically, so exit the settings menu once you are done. This would disable automatic tablet mode, but you can still choose to turn it on manually right on the windows action center.
How do I Right-Click in Tablet Mode in Windows 10?
In other to right-click an item in tablet mode, tap and then hold it. after a moment, a context menu would launch with the options you would see if you right-clicked using a mouse. For apps that tie different commands to right-click, however, you would be better off working outside of tablet mode.
How do I screenshot in Tablet Mode?
There is a screenshot option in the action center. Open it, and then select the “Screen Snip” option. A window would open that allows you to take and edit screenshots.