This article would guide you on How to Stop Autoplay on Discovery Plus streaming service. Discovery plus is one of the mediums that gives access to all genres of movies, and you don’t have to miss out on anything.
Autoplay: What is an Autoplay?
Autoplay is audiovisual content that starts automatically when a user goes to the host web page. Videos that contain autoplay usually have advertisements and other promoted content. The function of the autoplay is to get the user’s attention. The autoplay is usually supposed to happen as long as the sound is turned on.
How to stop Autoplay on Discovery Plus
Discovery plus has a lot of content ranging from different genres of movies you would love to watch. But having much content that can’t control, would be a big problem. The downside of the Discovery Plus player is that it does not have room for autoplay.
And because of the lack of this feature, after watching a particular video, it just goes straight to playing the next video. And to avoid the next video from automatically playing, you have to watch the current video to the end.
Well, to stop the next from automatically playing, you would notice a thumbnail that shows at the bottom corner of the screen. If you are using a Discovery plus player on the web or the phone app, you could just click on the X located at the top right of the thumbnail card.
When you have successfully clicked on the X, you would see that the next video that is supposed to play, would no longer show again and you could watch the current video to the end and leave that page in order to watch the next video of your choice.
The only option is to stop the video manually and move to the next episode you want. If you are using a Roku streaming device to stream Discovery plus, then all you have to do is to click or press the play or pause icon in order to go to the next video or episode.
How to Disable Autoplay on Disney+
In order to turn off autoplay on Disney+, then you have to:
- On your web browser, you navigate to the profile icon that is located at the top right of your screen. But if you are using a mobile, the profile icon is located at the bottom right of the page.
- Then click on edit profiles.
- Under the edit profiles, you could choose the profile you want to change the autoplay setting for.
- From there you change the autoplay option to whatever you want.
How to Disable Autoplay on Netflix
To be able to turn off autoplay or disable autoplay on Netflix, you have to follow the steps below:
- From the Netflix app home screen, select the profile icon.
- Then click on the Manage profile under the profile icon.
- Then choose the profile you wish to toggle autoplay for.
- Navigate to the autoplay preview in order to toggle the autoplay option.
How do I turn off autoplay automatically?
In order to turn off the autoplay automatically, then you have to: At the watch screen of the video you are watching, look at the bottom of the video player, and you would see the autoplay option, from there you could toggle the Autoplay option.
Why does Discovery plus keep glitching?
Why does Discovery plus keep glitching? The reason is a result of the temporary server or internet connection issue. Due to this effect the Discovery plus keeps buffering or freezing. And the other problem happens to be the internet speed issue and it goes back to normal after one or two minutes.
How do I fix my Discovery Plus?
If the discovery plus is crashing on your device or is unable to load properly. Do the following:
- Close the discovery plus app or close it from the web browser.
- Click on the device cache and data if you are using a web browser, android device, Roku Tv or Roku Stick, Fire TV, or Fire TV stick.
- Then open the discovery plus app, or reload the browser page where the discovery plus is opened.
Why does autoplay keep turning on?
Autoplay is turned on automatically if you are 18 or above. But users have the privilege to change the autoplay settings. And the autoplay settings differ with the device. You set autoplay to “ON” when you are using Youtube on your mobile device, but when you are using Youtube on your PC, you set it to “OFF”.
Should Autoplay be turned on or off?
AutoRun and AutoPlay are windows operating systems that are enabled to allow an inserted drive to run a script upon insertion. This is dangerous as an infected drive could lead to Viruses or Malware when it is successfully installed on your PC. So, therefore, it is advisable to turn Autoplay off.