How to Sell on Amazon for Free- Generally, starting a successful business requires time and capital investment. However, on Amazon, you can start selling with little or no capital investment.
Surprisingly, not everyone knows this. If you want to learn how to sell on Amazon and make money for free, then this article is for you.
How to Sell on Amazon for Free
On Amazon, you can start a business for free. You’ll only pay a commission when you make a sale. To sell on Amazon for free, there are some basic steps you need to take.
Well, as a beginner, if you want to know how you can start for free, below you’ll find a guide on how to sell on Amazon for beginners.
- Search for a free product you can sell: The best way to start selling for free on Amazon is to start with what you have. There are so many free products you can sell. All you need do is to look around for suitable ones.
- Create an Amazon seller account: Creating an Amazon seller account is free and does not require many processes. You’ll be required to provide some information and that’s all.
- List your product on Amazon: Before you can start selling on Amazon, you’ll create a product listing in Seller Central. As there are numerous product listings on Amazon, you can find easily one that matches the product you want to sell. Also, you can simply create a new listing for free if you are the first seller to offer the product.
How to Get Free Products to Sell on Amazon
Since the aim of this article is to help you find ways how you can sell on Amazon for free, it is advisable for you to start with cheap products. For a start, you can choose products that are free or require little upfront fees to begin sales. There are so many ways you can look for a free product to sell. Below are some of them:
- Look for free products in your possession and neighbourhood: Frequently some items are barely or fairly used. They could be books, toys, kitchen utensils, and lots more. If you find such, you can add them to your product list. To your surprise, you might even sell them off faster than expected.
- Make your products: If you are an artisan, then why not make your products? You can consider Amazon Handmade. Design your products yourself at a cheap rate usually. With Amazon handmade, your product’s costs depend on the materials you used to create it.
- You can also consider Merch by Amazon if you are an artist or a graphic designer. All you have to do is create and then upload your artwork. Then choose the type of product you want to sell. If a customer purchases your product, Amazon handles the printing, shipping, and customer service on your behalf. This also does not require money for you to join.
Amazon Seller Account
Creating an Amazon seller account is non-negotiable if you want to sell on Amazon. Amazon offers you two different seller accounts. The individual and the professional seller account. If you choose the professional seller account, you’ll be required to make a monthly subscription fee of $39.99.
Since our focus is selling on Amazon for free, it’s best you create an Amazon individual seller account. This seller account is free to create. You’ll only be required to pay a commission fee of $0.99 for every sale you make. The next heading will give you guidance on how to achieve that fit.
How to Create an Amazon Seller Account
Below are some steps to consider to create an Amazon seller account:
- Visit the website with the URL amazon.com.
- On the form displayed, fill in your “Email or mobile phone number” and password.
- Enter the “Next” button below the form.
With that done, you can successfully create an Amazon seller account without stress.
How To Know if the Product is Profitable
Having known how to sell on Amazon for free, the next step is to know if your product will be profitable. It is best to know this before you list your product for sale. This will help you know if your product will sell and make sufficient money for you.
There are several ways you can check the profitability of a product. They are:
- Check through the Best Sellers Rank: BSR is a list of the top-selling products on Amazon. Every product on Amazon has its place in the Best Seller rank. BSR is arranged according to the sales of a product. This allows you to know the average sales of an item per month.
- Estimate how fast the product will sell with Amazon sales tools: These tools enable you to estimate the units your product will sell per month. With these sales estimator tools, you can see the accurate sales of a product by history. You can find them on Amazon’s website.
Finally, you can check for profitability by dividing the average monthly sales by the number of days in a month. By doing that, you can determine how the number of sales you’d get each day.
How to Fulfil Orders from Customers
If customers purchase your product, your next step is to deliver the item(s) to them. Well, how do you achieve that? There are two options you can use:
- Fulfilment by Merchant: In this option, you are responsible for packing, storing, and delivering orders from customers. This implies that you will cover all the costs of customer service.
- Fulfilment by Amazon: Here, is Amazon customer service. All your items will be moved to the Amazon warehouse if you choose this option. The orders will be stored, and managed by the warehouse workers. When a customer places an order, the product will be delivered to them by these warehouse workers.
Selling for free on Amazon does not mean you won’t pay for the shipping of orders. You’ll spend money on the delivery of orders to customers. It is advisable for you to weigh the options to know which one suits your convenience and pocket before deciding on an option.
How Much Does It Cost to Sell on Amazon?
Although you can start selling on Amazon for free, there are still some costs involved. These fees are taken out of every sale you make. The two major fees are:
- Referral fees: Amazon takes a commission on every sale you make. Referral fees vary with the product category.
- Individual per item fee: This is the commission on every sale you make. The individual commission fee is $0.99 for every item you sell.
Does Fulfillment of Customers Order by Amazon Order Have Fees?
If choose fulfilment by Amazon, you’ll pay some fees. These are; fulfilment fees and monthly inventory storage fees. Fulfilment fees are charged by Amazon so that they can help you deliver products. Meanwhile, the monthly inventory storage fees are charged for keeping the products in the warehouse until delivery.
What Does it Mean to Sell Directly to Amazon?
Selling directly to Amazon means that your products will be delivered to Amazon’s warehouse. The products will be stored in the Warehouse until customers place their orders for purchase. Selling directly to Amazon makes it less stressful on the part of the shipment of the items by sellers. However, you’d pay commission fees to Amazon.
Can you Sell on Amazon Without a License?
The products sold on Amazon are usually handmade. Also, most of them are not regulated by the government. Hence you do not necessarily need a license to sell on Amazon.
How Do You Become a Successful Seller on Amazon?
Certain things can make you a successful seller on Amazon. The length of time you have been a seller on Amazon is the first factor. Some other factors include:
- The competitive price of your products
- Competitive added value offering for your customers
- Number of reviews.
What is the Amazon Buy Box?
The Amazon buy box is a box on the right-hand side of the Amazon product detail page. It is designed for customers to add products they want to purchase to their cart. However, it is not assessable to every seller.
- iPhone’s Big Accessibility Focus is a Larger Deal Than You Realize
- Xbox Game Pass Adds Dead Island
- Brightway Credit Card Application @ www.meetbrightway.com/Apply
- African Startup Initiative Program (ASIP) 2023 – For African Entrepreneurs (Cash Funding of EUR…
- Nimbus Media Aid Project For MSMEs 2023 – Women-led SMEs | N2m Advert Support
- How to Fix Windows 11 Stuck in Airplane Mode
- High Commission of Hungary Scholarships 2023 for International Applicants – How to Apply
- How to Claim Homeowners Insurance – What Exactly Is a Deductible?