If you are planning on making Carne Asada Fries for Easter 2022, you are in the right place. Making this special meal is a great Easter 2022 meal idea. In this article, you would learn more about Carne Asada Fries and how to prepare Carne Asada Fries for Easter, so keep on reading.
How to Prepare Carne Asada Fries for Easter
The San Diego traditional dish; Carne Asada Fries is a dish made up of Marinated steaks and french fries topped with cheese, sour cream, guacamole, and other ingredients. The steaks could be gotten from parts of meat like the skirt steak, flank steak, Rib steak, or flap meat.
What is Carne Asada Marinated in?
The secret behind the yummy taste of Carne Asada is the marinade. Carne asada is marinated in orange juice, Lemon juice, Lime juice, olive oil, herbs, and spices. The steak is left in this mixture for a couple of hours.
What is Carne Asada Seasoning?
Carne Asada seasoning is made by mixing freshly grounded black pepper, smoked paprika, salt, dried onions, cayenne, coriander, and chilli.
Carne Asada Fries Recipes
The key to making a tasty meal of carne asada fries is in using the right quantity of ingredients and condiments. If you want to make your Carne Asada Fries as delicious as the ones made in the restaurant, you should take note of this recipe:
For the French Fries:
- 4 potatoes (preferably russet potatoes).
- 4 tablespoons olive oil.
- 2 teaspoon salt.
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- For the Carne Asada:
- 3 teaspoon salt.
- 2 teaspoon pepper.
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder.
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano.
- Soy sauce.
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced.
- ½ cup fresh orange juice(½ cup ).
- fresh lime juice(1/4 cup).
- 1 tablespoon of Canola oil.
- Cheese (Any cheese of your choice).
- For the toppings,
- sour cream.
Any other topping of your choice.
With this, you can go ahead to Prepare your Carne Asada Fries at home. Note that the recipe above would do for 4 Persons.
How to Make Carne Asada Fries
Carne asada fries are very easy to make at home. To make restaurant like Carne Asada Fries by yourself, Carefully follow the cooking guide outlined below:
- Prepare your marinade: You can do this by Whisking the olive oil, soy sauce, lime juice, vinegar, sugar, black pepper, and cumin in a large bowl or baking pan. Also add the minced garlic, jalapeño, and cilantro and mix thoroughly with a stirrer.
- Marinate your Steak: Put the steak in the marinade bowl and flip it over to coat it. After doing this, cover the marinated steak in a plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 1 to 4 hours or overnight (if using flank steak, you should marinate it for about 3 hours).
- Preheat your grill. Note that you are to Cook your marinated steak at a high heat.
- Place your Marinated steaks on the grill and allow it to cook. Filp the steaks from time to time to ensure both sides are well cooked.
- Prepare the French fries: wash the potatoes thoroughly and cut them lengthwise into thin sticks.
- To extract the starch, soak them in cold water overnight.
- Strain the water out of the French fries and dry them with clean paper towels.
- Arrange the fries in a single row on a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes at 400°F in the lower third of the oven.
- After 20 minutes, remove them from the oven, toss them in the pan, and return them to the oven.
- Bake the fries till golden brown, then remove them after they have attained the desired color.
- Place the French fries in a new bowl and spice them up with salt and black pepper.
With this, you can serve the Carne Asada and the French fries with the toppings. Other toppings you could use for Carne Asada Fries include; Diced tomatoes, Avocado, etc.