In this content, I would be giving you details on how to type the cent sign on windows, Android, iPhone, and Mac Keyboard. When it comes to doing this on windows and Mac, you would be given an alternative option in the character Map or Character viewer.
Also Read: Top 5 Most Streamed Video Games In 2022
How to Make a Cent Sign on a Keyboard
Cent Sign on Windows
One of the easiest ways for you to enter the cent sign on windows is by making use of the keyboard shortcut. This method requires you to carry either a numeric keypad, which happens to be a key set to the right of the letter keys or a NumLock key that you get to press in other to turn it on.
Hold the Alt Key and then type )162 on the numeric keypad or the number keys with NumLock turned on.
Use the Character Map
If your keyboard does not have a numeric keypad or a Numlock, you can choose to make use of the character map to copy and paste the cent sign.
- Open the Character Map from the windows Accessories section in the start menu, make use of the search, or ask Cortana.
- When the character Map box opens, you can keep the default font as Arial. Then, select the cent sign, which is the fourth character from the right in the fifth row.
- Click select to get the cent added and sign to the characters to copy box and press copy
- Right in your document, place your cursor where you would want the symbol, and then press Ctrl + V to paste it.
Cent Sign on a Mac
Similar to windows, you can make use of a keyboard shortcut on a Mac to type in the cent sign, but it is actually much easier: Place Your cursor where you want to have the cent sign and press Option + 4.
User the Character Viewer
macOS also has a tool that would enable you to enter special characters, signs, and symbols. Here I would be giving you how to add the cent sign with the character viewer on Mac.
- Open the character Viewer making use if the Edit > Emoji and symbols from the menu bar or the keyboard shortcut command + Control + Space.
- Once the character viewer opens the box, select currency symbols found on the left or enter “cent” into the search box located on the top right.
- Select the cent sign on the viewer and then drag it into your document. You can alternatively place your cursor where you want the symbol in your document and double-click the cent sign in the viewer.
Cent Sign on Android or iPhone
You can make use of your built-in keyboard on your Android device or on your iPhone to enter the cent sign using just some taps.
- You can access the numeric keyboard on your device by tapping on ?123 key on Android or 123 key on iPhone.
- Tap and hold the dollar sign key and you would see a small toolbar that appears above it with an additional symbol.
- Make sure to move your symbol to the cent sign on the tiny toolbar and then release it to place it in your document.
Also Read: Google Pixel 7 Pro Specs Leaked Online
How Do I Make a Division Sign on my Keyboard
You can make this sign on your keyboard using the Alt Codes. For the division symbol, just hold the Alt Key and Type in 246 (on Windows) or push the Option+Shift+/ (on mac).
Does a Keyboard have Cent Sign?
You can type a cent sign on most programs on your windows making use of the Alt Code for the cent sign, meaning that a numeric code that you type while holding down the Alt Key on your keyboard.
How Do You Use the Cent Symbols?
The cent sign is more like a simple minuscule (Lower Case) letter c. In North America, the c is crossed by a diagonal stroke or a vertical line.
Also Read: How to Use Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons on PC