In this content, we would be giving you details on How to Make a Bullet Point From a Keyboard on an application for desktops and mobile devices. When listing items, one of the best ways to list make the items on the list orderly is using bullets. It simply allows you to summarize ideas and facts right into short, and neat sentences.
One of the best ways to get a bullet added is for you to highlight the paragraph that we would like to add the bullet point to and select the style of numbering from the home tab on the ribbon, but since we are making use of the keyboard here, the ribbon won’t be our main focus.
How to Make a Bullet Point From a Keyboard
Here’s How to Type the Bullet point Symbol using just the keyboard that you have. The steps that this article would be covering below would touch several devices, so read on if you are interested.
How to Type a Bullet Point on a Windows PC
You can choose to make use of the Alt key codes to insert some special characters and symbols using the keyboard that is on your windows PC. Follow the steps stated below to type in the bullet on a PC using a Numeric Keypad.
- First launch the document and then place the insertion pointer where a bullet point needs to be placed.
- Select the Num Lock key that is on the keyboard.
- Select the hold down the Alt key available on the numeric keypad
- Type in the bullet alt code on (0149) in sequence making use of the numeric keypad.
- Then release the Alt Key just after typing in the numeric code to get the first bullet point inserted in the document
- Once again repeat the second bullet point and so on.
Also Read: Best Portable Travel High Chairs on Amazon
How to type a Bullet Point on a Mac
A MacBook carries a different kind of combination of keys as a shortcut for bullet points.
- First, launch the document and then place the insertion pointer where a bullet point is needed
- Then on the keyboard, hold down the “option” key and type 8
- After that, repeat the process to make the second bullet
How to Type a Bullet Point in Android
The keyboard on Androids including Gboards offers support for bullet points with a dedicated key that works on any app that relies on text inputs. Follow the steps stated below if you want to be using a standard Android keyboard.
- First, tap on the ?123 key on the keyboard
- Then tap “=<” key to be taken to the second set of symbols available on the keyboard
- Select the bullet symbol that is usually placed in the first row to have it inserted into the messaging or document app.
How to Type a Bullet Point in iOS
The keyboard that is available on iPhones or iPad comes with a dedicated bullet point key also. Follow the highlighted steps below in other to type in the bullet points available on a chat or document screen.
- First, tap on the “123” key to launch the number keypad
- Then “#+=” to head to the second layout of the number keypad and then select the bullet point symbol key available on the second row.
- To make a new bullet, repeat the process again
How do I make a Bullet point on my Chromebook Keyboard?
In other to type in a bullet point on your Chromebook, press the “Ctrl+Shift+U” then type “2022” and then press “enter”
How do I Make a Diamond Bullet Point on my Keyboard?
In other to type in a diamond on your windows, press Alt+4 on your Mac, and press “option+Shift+V”.
How Do I Add Bullet points to Google Slides?
In other to add a bullet point to Google Slides, select More right on the toolbar, then choose the Bulleted list symbol. Alternatively, you also get to make use of the Keyboard shortcut “Ctrl+Shift+8”
Can I Copy and Paste Bullet Points?
Yes. If you feel the process of accessing your keyboard is stressing you, you can just choose to copy the bullet and paste it into the designated area where you would like to make use of it.
Also Read: Best Affordable Skincare Sets on Amazon