If you are having issues with getting back to base, then you need to learn how to make a beacon in Minecraft to light your way. Also, beacons get you a helpful status buff to keep you safe.
Beacon in Minecraft
In Minecraft, the beacon happens to be an item in Minecraft that would allow you to create a beam of light in the sky, generating a light source (light Level 15), and offer you a Status Effect close to its players. More details on the Beacon would be highlighted below.
How to Make a Beacon in Minecraft
Here I would be giving you more details on how to find and arrange the materials that you need to get a beacon crafted. They include:
- First, summon a winter and defeat it to get a Nether star.
- Then, make 5 Glass blocks. Smelt sand in a Furnace to make glass.
- Mine is about three Obsidian. Pour a water bucket right over the lava to create Obsidian blocks, then make use of a diamond pickaxe or Netherite pickaxe to mine them.
- Craft the beacon. Right on a crafting table, make sure to place 1 Nether star right in the middle of the box, place 3 Obsidian in the bottom row, and 5 glass blocks in the remaining boxes.
Build a Beacon Base
In other to get the beacon activated, you are expected to build a base out of diamonds, Emeralds, Gold, or Netherite.
You can make a base of 1-4 layers high, and the blocks are expected to be placed in a particular way.
- Layer 1: 9 blocks (3X3)
- Layer 2: 25 blocks (5X5)
- Layer 3: 49 blocks (7X7)
- Layer 4: 81 blocks (9X9)
The potential benefits the beacon would offer you increase with each layer. Make sure to build your base in the shape of a Pyramid with the largest layer located at the bottom and the smallest found on top. you would need a total of about 244 blocks to build a 4-layer base from your beacon.
The duration and the range of the status bonus from your because is determined by just how big your base is.
|Layer 1||20 blocks||11 seconds|
|Layer 2||30 blocks||13 seconds|
|Layer 3||40 blocks||15 seconds|
|Layer 4||50 blocks||17 seconds|
Activating Your Beacon in Minecraft
Once the base of the beacon has been built, then you are set to get it activated. To activate it, follow the steps stated below:
- First, you need to place the beacon right on the center block of the top layer of your base. The beacon would in turn emit a light that would act just like a handy guide when you are exploring.
- Interact with the Beacon. You should see a menu where you would be able to choose a status boost. The available option is expected to grow with the number of layers you have:
- Layer 1: Speed, Haste
- Layer 2: Resistance, Jump Boost
- Layer 3: Strength
- Layer 4: Regeneration or double another bonus
- Then place one of the following blocks right on the empty box at the bottom of the menu: Netherite Ingot, Emerald, Diamond, Iron Ingot or Gold Ingot. And finally, select the checkmark in other to get the beacon activated.
How do I Dye My Minecraft Beacon
You can make use of a dye to change the color of your beacon. The only way for you to change the color of the beam is for you to place it right on a stained-glass block on top of it.
How many Blocks do I Need for a Full Beacon?
When it comes to just how many blocks you need to make a Beacon, the answer is simple, it takes around 164 blocks to form the pyramid you place the beacon on.
Does TNT Destroy Netherite?
Unlike all the other blocks on the nether, ancient debris happens to be blast-resistant. This simply means that the block would not be destroyed when you Detonate a TNT close to it.
What Does a Netherite Beacon Do?
Blocks of netherite can be used to get a beacon. You can power the beacon using a 3×3 square of netherite blocks underneath it, and you can also optionally include a 5×5, 7×7, and 9×9 layer in the shape of a pyramid right under the original layer in other to get the effects from the beacon increased.
Also Read: Best Honey on Amazon