How to fix your Fitbit not syncing is another way to take care of your Fitbit. They are watches that are designed to be worn day and night. If your device is not syncing with your device then you would not be able to see your progress or be able to log any of your data.
Fitbit is an American consumer electronics and the name of fitness company. Fitbit produces wireless and wearable watches that help to monitor physical fitness. There are also activity trackers like smartwatches, pedometers, and monitors for heart rate, which check the quality of sleep and other activities. Fitbit is founded by James Park and Eric Friedman. Founded 26 March 2007.
How to Fix Your Fitbit Not Syncing
If you happen to have issues with your Fitbit then you would guide through to fixing and not syncing it. If you have stopped receiving notifications from your Fitbit device, then let’s fix it for you:
- First you have to quit the Fitbit app on your phone.
- Go to settings, then navigate to Bluetooth. Switch off the Bluetooth and switch it back on.
- Then you open the Fitbit app on your phone and sync it.
- If the device does not sync, restart the device.
Causes of Fitbit Sync Errors
Causes of Fitbit Sync Errors are usually related or traceable to the fitness tracker that would be separated from the smartphone, tablet, or computer that it was originally connected to. And the problem comes mostly when it is connected to different devices at the same time.
How to Fix a Fitbit
To start the process of fixing your Fitbit device, then you have to follow the steps below:
- Manually connect your Fitbit to your phone. To force a sync, you click on the member card icon and tap on the Fitbit tracker and click on Sync Now.
- Then check the Bluetooth settings to sync. You have turned on the Bluetooth, this is because the Fitbit tracker connects data to smartphones using Bluetooth.
- Then install the Fitbit app on your device.
- You update your Fitbit. You would not be able to connect your device if the Fitbit is not updated.
- You should sync Fitbit to only one device.
- The next thing to do is to turn off the wi-fi.
- You have to charge your Fitbit battery.
- Then turn Fitbit off and on again.
- You reset your Fitbit tracker.
Alternate to Sync your Device
- The first step you have to check your phone’s Bluetooth connection.
- Next, you can also close the app When your Fitbit would not sync.
- Check for app and Firmware updates.
- You can also restart your Fitbit device.
- Reinstall the Fitbit app.
- You unpair and repair your Fitbit device. You can unpair your device by first opening the Fitbit app and clicking on Today > Then you tap on the profile picture that is located at the top left of the page > You click on your device > Then click on the remove button at the bottom of the screen.
Once you have successfully unpaired your device, then try to pair the device by clicking on setting up a device from the account tab and follow every instruction that follows.
- Another way is to turn off wi-fi if the Fitbit does not sync.
- You could try to use a different phone or tablet.
- You could have patience if the problem could be coming from the server.
- Another solution is to factory reset your Fitbit device.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I Restart my Fitbit Sync?
You have to press and hold the back and the bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. After you restart the device:
- You connect the device to the charging cable.
- Press and hold the buttons on your tracker for 10 seconds.
- Then you release the buttons.
Does Resetting Fitbit erase data?
You restart your watch and press the button for 10 seconds until you see the Fitbit Logo on the screen and you release the button. You should know that restarting your watch does not delete any data. There are small holes in the device for the altimeter, speaker, and microphone.
How Long Can Fitbit last without Syncing?
Fitbit can last longer for 7 days of detailed data between syncs. If it happens to go unsynced for more than that, it could last up to 30 days of data but it would be on the summary level. You could sync the device at least once every week.
Does Fitbit have a Reset Button?
Yes, Fitbit has a reset button. You navigate to the settings app on your Fitbit. Under the settings, you click on about, and under the about option, you click on the factory settings. Then confirm the choice of settings you want. With this procedure, your smartwatch would reset and all the data would be erased.
Can I Sync my Fitbit without the App?
This is an alternative to syncing without using the Fitbit app and it is done by using the Fitbit Connect software that is available for desktops and laptops. So to sync your Fitbit device, the computer must have an Internet connection and also have the Fitbit connect installed. But some systems would need a Fitbit Bluetooth Dongle to sync a Fitbit device.