In the content, I would be giving you steps on How to Fix Netflix App Crashing on iPhone. If you are always experiencing crashing trying to watch something on Netflix on your iPhone, this article has you covered.
There are several reasons why your app might be acting this way, but you also can get it fixed. This could be related to anything that ranges from starting your iPhone to a faulty internet connection.
Netflix App Crashing on iPhone
Sometimes, you might experience the Netflix app crash when you launch it, so you cannot even browse through it to even try and get something done. In other situations, the app would crash when you try to search for the Netflix catalog, start to play a show or a movie, or when you are trying to get one downloaded.
More than likely, you should be able to get Netflix working well again by either updating the app found on your device, restarting your iPhone or even closing other apps that are running in the background. Well, below we would be giving you some steps to fixing Netflix crashing depending on when it does that.
Why Does Netflix keep Crashing on my iPhone?
There are several reasons why, one is probably your internet is not strong enough to have a smooth video streaming via Netflix on your iPhone.
Any transpiring network issues might make the app crash especially if it failed to connect to the server. Also, you need to make sure that the service is available in your region. But if the network is not the issue, below are some great ways to fix the crashing issue.
How to Fix Netflix Crashing on Startup
If you are having issues with your Netflix always crashing while you are trying to start up the app, one of the best approaches here would be to update the app. So, here is how to do this if you are making use of an iPhone device.
- First head to the app store
- Then locate the search icon and then type in Netflix
- On the search result, tap on the Netflix app and then tap on Update
If you are making use of an android device, then you should know that this process is different for you. Follow the process stated below:
- First launch of the Google Play Store
- Then tap on your profile in the top right
- Tap on manage app and device
- Then select updates Available, there you would see a list of apps that requires updating, search for the Netflix app there and update it.
How to Fix Netflix Crashing While Browsing
You might also experience crashing while you are trying to browse the Netflix app. If this is the case, you can get this fix by quitting other apps. This process works best with iPhone devices. And below is how to get this done:
- If you do not have a home button, you should slide up from the bottom of the screen from your home screen. If you have one, double press it.
- Right on the app switcher screen, swipe up on each of the apps that you have open fully to get them closed.
- Head back to your home screen and then reopen Netflix.
If this fails to work, you might want to try deleting and redownloading the Netflix app. Follow the steps stated below to get this fixed.
- First, find the Netflix app on your home screen and press and hold on to it.
- Once the menu appears, tap on the Remove app, and then confirm by tapping the delete app
- Then head to the App store and search for Netflix
- Tap on the Netflix app page, then tap on the Cloud icon to get it re-downloaded.
Once you have downloaded Netflix, launch the app once again and then sign in to see if the issues have been fixed. If the issue is not fixed, you might need to contact Netflix customer care service.
How Do I Reset Netflix on my iPhone?
Right from the home screen, select settings. After that, swipe down and then you would find the Netflix app. Select Netflix. Slide the reset switch to the on position and that is it.
Why does my Netflix Keep Closing Out?
In other to install any updates for your software security. Temporarily, you need to turn off your security software and then try Netflix once again. if the problem has been fixed when your security software has been disabled, the software might be outdated or interfering with your Netflix unintentionally.
How Do I Restart Netflix?
You can restart your Netflix account by signing into Netflix and selecting restart your membership from any profile. Note: if you need to reset your password, you would be taken to your account page where you would be required to select “add streaming plan > “Restart your Membership”
Also Read: 10 Best Online Tutoring Sites In 2022