In this article, I would be giving you details on How to Fix Lag and High Ping in windows 11. As stated by Microsoft, Windows 11 makes gaming a lot better compared to the previous versions of windows, as it brings all the latest and the coolest features to your PC.
There is this Auto HDR that offers users a much wider color spectrum, DirectX 12 ray tracing that would simulate real light behavior, and the game bar that allows users access to controls with just some clicks.
Also Read: How Long Does It Take to Improve Credit Score – What Bill Affects Credit…
How to Fix Lag and High Ping in windows 11
However, in spite of all these praiseworthy features, it is not all roses for windows 11. As a matter of fact, there is one major thing that annoys gamers mostly, and it is when they are right in the middle of the best game, and they lose network and their character dies immediately.
Ping time starts going for as high as 500 milliseconds and leaving them with a laggy interface and an unpleasant experience. If this is also the case for you, there are a few troubleshooting methods that you can choose to try out in other to reduce your ping and make an amazing comeback.
Also Read: www.Gomercury.Com Reservation Code
Do a Network Reset
If you are having issues with high ping with your windows 11, one of the things that need to check is your network adapter. Maybe you previously modified its settings or there might have been a problematic update that caused it to malfunction. Either way, your card simply restores it to its default settings by doing a network reset.
Per Microsoft, a network reset uninstalls the network adapters straight from your device, reboots your PC, and then reinstalls the adapters with their default settings. To do a network reset, follow these steps:
- Launch your Settings app.
- Select “network and internet” from the left pane
- Scroll down to “advanced network settings.”
- Right under “More Settings,” select “network reset.”
- Then click on the “Reset Now” Button.
- Click on yes in the Pop-up box in other to confirm that you would like to reset your network settings.
- Wait for your device to restart. Your network adapters would be reinstalled automatically.
Install the Latest Network Driver
If your network connection does not function as intended, it might be because of an outdated driver. Updates generally fix bugs and improve your device’s performance, so be sure to confirm that you are making use of the latest drivers.
Also Read: Best Amazon Work From Home Jobs
Switch to A Faster DNS Server
The DNS server was mostly referred to as the “Phonebook of the Internet” as its major job is to turn domain names into computer-usable IP addresses. The faster your DNS server is, the faster it returns the IP address of the website or game server that you are trying to reach. This simply means that you would be able to access the site with as little time as you can.
By default, you are to make use of your internet service provider’s DNS servers to get to anything on the web. However, they are not always as fast as you would want them to be. Fortunately, it is easier for you to switch to a new DNS server that can meet your needs. Two of the highly recommended ones include Google (Preferred DNS: 220.127.116.11 and Alternate DNS: 18.104.22.168) and Cloudflare (Preferred DNS: 22.214.171.124 and Alternate DNS: 126.96.36.199). follow the steps to change these DNS servers:
- Right in the settings app, head to “network and internet”
- Select Wi-Fi
- Head over to “manage Known networks.”
- Then select the Wi-Fi network that you want to change the DNS server of
- Just click on the Edit button located next to “DNS server assignment.”
- In the drop-down menu, select manual.
- Then choose what internet protocol you would like to turn on
- Enter your new DNS right under “Preferred DNS.”
- Similarly, add its alternate DNS under “alternate DNS.”
- And finally hit save.
Close Background Apps
Aside from reducing the performance of your PC, the background app also can increase your ping significantly. Some apps like OneDrive, Microsoft Edge, and your VPNs unknowingly hog your bandwidth while they run in the background.
If you do not necessarily need them currently, you can choose to close them to improve the performance of your network. The best way for you to do this is from your task manager where you can immediately see an overview of which apps takes up most of the bandwidth on your network.
Also Read: Texas Tech Petroleum Engineering
How do I fix High Ping and Lag?
To reduce the lag and increase your internet speed while gaming, here are some quick options to consider:
- Check the speed of your internet and bandwidth
- Aim for lower Latency
- Move closer to your router
- Close up any background websites and programs
- Connect your device to your router using your ethernet cable
- Restart your router
- Replace your router if it becomes severe
Why is my Ping so High with Good Internet?
If you are plagued with high pings at a consistent time, it could actually be a routine network issue. Make sure to check the number of devices that are connected in the morning or at night. Other devices would most likely hog the network at these times. With plenty of devices connected, your router speed would reduce, increasing your ping responses.
What Can Cause High Ping?
- Internet service provider (ISP) quality
- Internet connection speed.
- Geographical location.
- Inadequate bandwidth.
- Configuration of firewalls.
Also Read: Best Pet Carrier Backpack – Can A 30 Lb Dog Fit In A Carrier?