Here, I would be giving you details on how to find a windows 11 Product key if you are yet to get your windows 11 activated. The content would carry three different very vital methods that you can follow, and they work very well on windows 10.
How to Activate Windows 11
Activating your windows helps verify that the copy you are making use of is genuine and has not been used on more devices than the Microsoft Software License Terms allow.
Before getting to How to find a windows 11 product key, let me walk you through the activation process, which is an easy method to cover. The activation process depends on how you got your windows 11. You would require a digital license or a product key of about 25-character to get it activated. If you do not have the License, you won’t be able to get your device activated.
The Digital License is a method used for activating windows 11 that does not require you to make use of a product key
While the product key is a 25-character code that you can use to get your windows activated. What you would find is PRODUCT KEY: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX.
Once the step to follow have been determined, you can follow the steps highlighted by Microsoft in the Link provided below to get your windows activated.
How to Get a Windows 11 Product Key
One of the easiest and best ways for your windows 11 product key is to make use of the Command Prompt.
- First, launch the windows 11 command Prompt. You can do this by clicking on the search icon, and searching for CMD in the windows search bar. Then select the corresponding result.
- Input or copy and paste the following command:
wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
- After that, press the enter key on your Keyboard, and with this, your Product Key would be displayed on your screen.
Using the Windows 11 PowerShell
If you are not too familiar with CMD, you can choose to make use of windows 11 PowerShell to locate your product key.
- First, launch the powershell by pressing the windows Key + X and the select windows Powershell (admin).
- Then enter the following command: powershell “(Get-WmiObject -query ‘select * from SoftwareLicensingService’).OA3xOriginalProductKey”
- Finally, press the enter Key on your keyboard and it would display your windows 11 Product key.
How to Find the Windows 11 Product Key in the Windows Registry
This method is one of the best methods you can try out. to be able to get your windows 11 product key via the windows 11 Registry, follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows Key +R to launch the run menu, search for regedit, and press OK to launch the windows registry
- Enter the following into the registry navigation bar:
- after that, press enter. With this, your product key would be visible right next to the
How do I Activate windows 11 with a Product Key?
If you fail to enter your windows 11 product key during the installation, head to “Start > Settings > system > activation > update product key > Change product key”.
Do I need a Windows 11 Product key?
If the computer that you are making use of supports it, you can get windows 11 entirely for free, but you won’t be able to use all the features without activating it using a product Key or a digital license. If you upgrade from windows 10, it should already be activated.
Why Can’t I activate My Windows 11?
If you are having issues with activating your windows 11, the Activation troubleshooter could be very helpful. To make use of the troubleshooter, select start > Settings > System > activation, and then select troubleshoot.
Also Read: 10 Best Winter Boots for College