Windows 11 was originally launched with a bright white theme, which seems kind of great. But currently, Dark themes have been in high demand, and trust me you would not want to miss out. So, if you are interested, I would be walking you through the steps on How to Enable Dark Mode on Windows 11, so stay tuned as we dive into it.
Windows 11 Dark Mode
As we all Know, White background exposes up to far more blue light, which over a long period of time can cause fatigue in our eyes. What am saying here is that dark mode places lesser strains on the eyes, as white text on a black or gray background emits less blue light. As well, some dark mode fans feel the theme makes the whole UI more aesthetically pleasing – Plus it saves a little battery also.
With the windows 10 anniversary In 2016, Microsoft launched its dark mode, and the option was shipped with every windows update that came ever since. The latest Windows 11 release also has a polished dark mode for the UI and apps like Notepad and the file explorer. When you launch Windows 11 for the very first time, it would greet you with the traditional light theme. You would have to enable the dark theme would have to be enabled manually through settings.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Windows 11
Dark Mode can get enabled in any version of windows 11, and it is simple enough that anyone can choose to do it. Even better, you can choose to toggle the dark mode off at any time you feel like you no longer want it. So, you can actually try it out for a few days to see how it does to know if you would be changing it.
- First, Launch the Settings app. You would find the settings in the start menu or by typing settings in the Windows 11 Search bar.
- On Settings, click on personalization, then colors. Inside the menu, you should find the “Choose your mode” option. This mode would allow you to select from Light, Dark, and custom themes.
- Select Dark from this list. The appearance preferences would immediately change throughout the entire system. If you wish to switch it back, you can do it using the same drop-down menu.
- Directly under, select your banner, click the toggle switch to turn transparency effects on or based on your preferences.
How to Customize Windows 11 Theme
Windows 11 would allow you to play around with the UI colors to make the dark mode theme your very own.
- Look for the accent color menu below the choose your mode section
- In the drop-down menu, choose automatic if you want windows to select an accent color from your wallpaper
- If you wish to select from the preset palette or create new color options, select manual in the drop menu.
The custom mode offers users more granular control over how their windows 11 would look and feel. The operating system’s UI and apps can be set to light or dark mode separately, so you can choose to keep your interface dark but run apps in light mode or vice versa. To make use of this feature, navigate to Settings > Personalization > colors and select custom from the drop-down menu to create a personalized theme.