This article entails steps on How to Download Apps on a Fire TV Stick. Amazon fire Tv is a line of digital media players developed by Amazon. The devices are small network appliances that deliver digital audio and video content that uses the internet to stream using a connected high-definition television.
Alexa: The Voice Remote
If you are using an Amazon fire Tv, you must have noticed that it comes with a voice remote, and the voice remote is called Alexa. Alexa is the voice remote that helps you control your fire Tv from your couch. With Alexa, you can open any app and you would be taken to the download page.
To use Alexa, you hold the button with the microphone icon or the button having an Alexa symbol and say “Alexa open app” the app is the app of your choice. After it shows the App you click on the download from the screen by clicking on select the remote.
How to Download Apps on a Fire TV Stick
This is a guide to be able to download apps on a fire stick.
- First, you go to the main menu on your fire Tv to search for apps. Another option is to use the voice button on your Alexa voice remote.
- Choose the app you want to download.
- Next is to tap on the shopping cart to download the app of your choice.
How to Download Third-party Apps
There are a lot of apps there are that you need and they might not be available on your fire tv. So this is the way to download third-party apps.
- You go to the home screen and click on the settings icon.
- Next click on My Fire TV among the settings options.
- Next click on the Developer option under the My Fire Tv.
- Then next click on install unknown apps to permit the download of third-party apps.
- Then with these settings, you can go ahead and continue your third-party download.
How to Set Up Your Fire Stick TV
These are steps to follow to set up your fire Stick Tv. Follow the steps and you would successfully be able to set up the fire stick Tv.
- Plug the USB Micro cable into the power adapter to power it up for the setup.
- Next, you plug the other side of the USB Micro cable into the fire Tv Stick.
- Then plug the Fire Tv stick into the HDMI port of your TV.
- Then you press the home button on your remote.
- Then next you press the play and pause on your remote.
- You have to choose the language you want to use because the fire Tv stick comes in different languages.
- You need to select the wi-fi network that you would need to connect with to make your Fire Tv stick function as it would not function without the use of an internet connection.
- You would need to create an account or sign in. This is for those who are new to amazon.
- Select continue to process the setup. When signing, it would show you the part of storing up your password with amazon. You would not want to share your information so you say No.
- You could set up parental controls for the sake of your kids. With the parental controls, you would be required to put in your pin before any content would be played, any app would be launched, or purchase any digital content and other options.
You could also Sign up for Your Kids with Amazon Kids+
There is a part for a free trial with Amazon Kids + when you have navigated to Amazon Kids +, and choose your desired plan from the top-right corner. At the end of the free trial, you would be charged monthly on the amount of the plan you choose. With Amazon Kids + your children will have access to thousands of kid-friendly movies and Tv shows in their Fire Tv profiles, They can also access other great content like games, books, and premium kids’ skills.
Cost of Streaming Apps on your Fire Tv Stick
Fire Tv Stick allows you have access to millions of movies and Tv shows. Currently, the average US household pays $55 per month for streaming services.
The Best Apps Choice for Fire Tv Stick
Some apps suit and go with the Fire Tv stick. Which are as follows:
- Pluto Tv: the best fire tv app for live TV.
- Peacock Tv: the best free streaming service for fire TV.
- IMDb Tv: this is the best fire Tv app for award-winning movies.
- News: is the best fire tv app for local news.
- Plex: this is the best fire stick app for streaming your content.
- Youtube: this is the best fire tv app for everything else.
- Crunchyroll: is the best app for anime.
- Spotify: the best fire tv app for streaming music.
- Amazon Silk: is the best web browser for fire Tv. This app was designed by Amazon and you can easily use the web on your Tv. With this app, you can access the internet.
Why Can’t I download apps on my Firestick?
If you cannot download apps on Firestick, you should try checking for your network status. But if your network status is okay you should try checking the amount of free space available in the internal storage of your device.
Why are apps unavailable on Fire Tv?
If Fire Tv is not loading apps, then the problem may be due to a glitch on your device. You can restart your device to help load the apps. But for a complete restart on your fire TV, you can unplug the fire tv from the tv and wait for some minutes before you plug it back.
Where is the Apps Library on Fire Tv?
You go to the home screen on your fire tv device. Then tap the right on your remote until you reach the apps section. Then tap on down on your remote control to enter the apps section and you can choose any of the apps you want.
How do I Download Android Apps on Amazon Firestick?
In order to download android apps on Amazon firestick is to first download and install Apps2Fire from the Google Play Store. After downloading the Apps2Fire then you have to set it up by clicking on the menu button in the upper left corner. Then after clicking on setup among the menu options you follow the IP address of your fire device. Lastly, click on save to have two options that would help in transferring the app.
Does Firestick allow the function of Android Apps?
Yes, the fire stick runs android apps. You can run any android app like web browsers, podcast players, or a VPN on your firestick that gives more function to your firestick.