In this content, I would be giving you details on how to download apps on your Fire TV stick making use of the device or the Amazon website as well as the types of apps that you can download. The steps that I would be stating for you covers all Fire TV devices.
Also Read: Why Walmart Still Doesn’t Accept Apple Pay
What Kind of Apps are on Amazon Fire
The Fire Sticks apps are basically focused on offering video content. And all of the most popular services have apps. Also, you can download apps like Netflix, Hulu, Paramount+, HBO, and most other streaming services.
Also, you would find apps for music, like Spotify, apps for sports, news, and tons of other types of content that you can stream on a computer and other devices. There are tons of web browsers, just like Firefox, that you can use on your Fire TV stick, and some games also.
Most Fire TV apps are free, but there are some that require an up-front purchase, and others only work if you pay a monthly fee or you are making use of a cable subscription.
How to Browse and Download New Apps on Your Fire TV Stick
The app section on the fire TV stick interface is organized by category. Follow these steps in other to have the app fully downloaded.
- First connect your Fire TV Stick to the internet. Otherwise, this would not be able to download apps.
- First head over to the “home screen” of your fire TV device.
- Then push on the right on your remote till you reach the “Apps” section
- Push on your remote until you reach the “Apps” section
- Press down on your remote control to enter the “Apps” section. And then make use of the directional pad to locate an app that you are interested in. with that app highlighted, push on the button in the center of the directional pad to select the app.
- With “Get” Selected, press the button in the center of the directional pad.
- Wait for your download to be completed to launch the app, or return to the “apps” section, later on, to make use of the app any time you want
How to Use the Search Function to Find and Download Apps on a Fire TV Stick
If you do not want to see the app you are searching for the in-app section of the fire TV interface, and make use of the search function to look for specific apps. Also, you can make use of this function if you have a broader category of app that you would like to download.
If you do not remember the name of an app, but you also can remember what it can do, and what type of content it carries. Also, you can search for that. Here is how you can use the search function on your Fire TV Stick, or any other Fire TV device, in other locate and then download apps:
- First, head over to the home screen of your Fire TV Stick, or any other Fire TV device.
- Push the left section on the directional pad to enter the search section.
- Make use of the directional pad to type the name of the app that you are looking for, and then you can choose from the list
- Locate the app that you want to download and press the button in the center of the directional keypad in other to select it.
- With “Get” selected, press the button located at the center of the directional keypad to download the app
- Wait for the app to complete download and then launch it, or return to the Apps section later to use it whenever you like to use it.
How do I Delete an App on My Fire Stick?
In other to delete apps on your Fire Stick, head to “settings” > “Applications” > “manage installed Applications”. Select an app and select “Uninstall”.
How do I Watch Free TV on my Fire Stick?
Apps for your fire stick that is offering live TV include pluto, Tubi, and Xumo. Als you can watch local TV channels on your Fire TV stick if you have a subscription with your local TV provider. Also, there are fire sticks apps for cable-based networks if you have a subscription.
What else Can a Firestick do?
Aside from watch videos on streaming services, also you can make use of your Firestick to play games, listen to music and the radio, or read right through the news. Also, it serves as a handy paperweight.
Can I Use Firestick in another Country?
Yes, but without a VPN, you would be limited to content that is available in that country. If you choose to visit Spain and try to watch Hulu, for example, you would also be blocked because Hulu is only available to US residents.