Here I would be giving you details on How to Connect Google Assistant or Alexa to Your Xbox Series X|S. Making use of virtual assistants like Alexa or Google Assistant can be really helpful in tons of ways.
Aside from being a convenient one-stop for answers to questions that you might have, they can be a really big-time saver that would allow you to streamline the hands-free use of compatible devices within your vicinity. For avid video games, this is expected to include your Xbox Series X|S.
How to Connect Google Assistant or Alexa to Your Xbox Series X|S
The setup process that would assist you in controlling your Xbox console using either Google Assistant or Alexa is really great to follow. Whichever virtual assistant you choose to make use of regularly, you might need to have access to its corresponding app on your preferred mobile device in order for you to begin hands-free use of your video game machine.
So download them straight from your mobile phone’s official app store. For people using Google, prepare to have both the Google Home and Google assistant apps installed, if they didn’t already come preinstalled on your device for a much simple setup process. Make sure that the apps needed to make a proper sign-up into all of the apps that you may need to access to for the setup duration, also.
What to Do Before Connecting the Assistant
To make sure that you are connecting the right virtual assistant to your Xbox Series X|S goes well without hitch, there are some things you need to go through in your video game console’s settings. Push on the button (X) to launch the guide and then follow the steps highlighted below:
- First, make sure that the right power mode has been enabled for the console. You can do this by heading to “profile and system” to get to “Settings”
- Select “General” from the sidebar, then select “power mode and Startup.”
- Straight from the dropdown list of power mode options, select “instant-on.” This setting would allow you seamlessly install apps on your console and then connect your Xbox to apps that are available on your mobile device, both of which you would do later.
- Next, enable your digital assistants on your Xbox. Head back to the “Settings page under “Profile and System” and pick “Device and connections” straight from the sidebar.
- Head over to “digital assistants,” then tick the “Enable digital assistants” box.
Once you have covered all these settings on your Xbox console, it is now time for you to make use of your mobile device to complete setting up the connection between your digital assistant and Xbox console.
How to Connect Google Assistant with your Xbox Series X|S
In other to have a connection set up between Google and your video game console, launch the Google Home app on your phone and then follow some simple steps that have been detailed in an Xbox support document.
- First tap on (+) icon located in the top-left corner of the home app and then select “set up device.”
- Tap “have something already set up?” under the “works with Google” Section
- Make use of the search bar to look up “Xbox,” tap the top search result, then follow the onscreen prompts.
You might be required to enter your Microsoft login credentials that is associated with your Xbox account to proceed. Once you have established the link, you would be asked to select the appropriate Xbox device type that you want to control and set up preference within the Google Home app.
Once you are done with these final steps. You can start making use of voice commands to control your Xbox Series X|S console through Google Assistant. Also, you can say “Hey Google” or “Ok Google” followed by a command that is applicable to your Xbox’s list of functions.
How to Connect Alexa with your Xbox Series X|S
In other to commence setting up Alexa on your Xbox console, make sure that you carried out all the Xbox setting that was previously mentioned above. Once that is concluded, head to the Xbox store on your console, look up “Alexa” in the search box, and download the Alexa for Xbox app. Once you have completed the onscreen prompts to finalize the installation. Do note that this is an optional setting and that the app might not be available in your region.
- Launch the Alexa app on your mobile device
- Then tap “More” in the bottom-right corner of your screen
- Tap “Add a device”
- Select “Connect your Xbox Game Console,” then tap on “Next.”
- Then follow the onscreen instructions.
Make sure that your Xbox device is on and that you are logged in. Plus, double-check the power mode if it is indeed set to “instant-on” and that the digital assistant feature has been enabled.
Depending on where you are, you might be led to an “Xbox” Alexa skill, and this is only available in Australia, Canada, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Spain, U.K and then U.S. You would be required to download and then enabled that skill if you would be supplying the Microsoft login credential that is associated with your Xbox account.