Expect details on How to Cancel Green Dot Card on this content. People asked, how can I cancel my green dot card? The truth is, green dot offers both prepaid debit cards and regular credit cards to its customers.
So, there are two ways you can cancel both whenever you want but the procedure for doing so is different. You need to ensure that you pay all fees before canceling your card.
You can use your green dot card in a vast variety of stores and shops all around the country. They also offer credit cards if you do not prefer loading prepaid cards.
How to Cancel Green Dot Card
You may be wondering, how can I close this account? Can you do it yourself, or do you necessarily have to get in touch with the customer support staff?
For it to be easy for you, you need to contact Green Dot customer service for confirmation of the cancellation.
What is a Green dot Card?
Before we see how we can cancel your Green Dot Card, let’s see the meaning of a green dot card.
Green Dot card is an FDIC-insured, reloadable prepaid debit card that can be used to make payments and purchases and withdraw cash. They are sold at retailers such as CVS, Rite-Aid, and Wal-Mart.
The Greed Dot was founded in 1999 by Steven Strait to be used as an online shopping card. The card itself is a prepaid debit card, and you may refill the balance each time you need it.
Originally, Green Dot was a private company – and it stayed like that for several years. Eventually, the company changed from private to public in 2010, as it grew more and more. They purchased brands such as UniRush Financial Services, Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, Loopt, and AchieveCard.
Notice: users can add money to the card by means of a paycheck or from the point of sale of a certain store.
How Can I Close my Green Dot Account?
You will have to clear all the payments that you own before deleting your account. Below is the procedure you will need to follow to close your account:
- Open your tab and go to your email account
- Once you open your email, click on “Compose Message”
- In the subject area write “Request to Delete My Account”
- Then Address your email to [email protected]
- Make out the body of your email, where you will state the reason why you wish to close your account
- State them to erase your contact information, if it’s possible for them do so
- Finally, click “Send Email”
Notice that while a canceled account may be reactivated, there is a chance that a deleted account may not be. Consider whether you want to use the Green Dot card again in the future or not.
How to Cancel Green Dot Card
You will first have to clear all your bill before canceling a green dot card. To avoid any potential issues, you must cancel any bills that you may have linked to the account, such as subscriptions or utility bills.
You can move them into another active card that you are using. Once that happens, you can visit the portal under “close Card” on Green Dot and cancel your card.
Follow this procedure:
- Pay any previous payments you may have
- Visit the Green Dot web page
- Click the button under “Close Card”
How to Reactive the Green Dot Card
The following are steps to reactivate your Green Dot card.
- Take out your card sticker and look for the toll-free number to contact the company. Get in touch with customer service by using that number.
- Once you get in contact with them, add the number on the credit card.
- For security reasons, you’ll be asked a number of questions. Answer them in order to reactivate your account.
- After completing the step, you will receive an email of confirmation
Green Dot Card Website
The Green dot card website is https://www.greendot.com/ you can click on it and get more information about the Green Dot Card.
Green Dot Card Cancel FAQs
Can we reopen a closed Green Dot Account?
Strictly speaking, you can. Though, if the fee of your account gets to $0, then your account will be deleted without prior notice.
If this happens or you do not know where to start, use the (866) 795-7597 number and contact the customer support staff. They will tell you more about your account.
How Much is the Monthly Fee?
for deposits of $1000 per month, the fee is usually $7.95. but once ATM s are involved, the fee is usually $3.
Additionally, the $3 fee depends on the ATM that you are using and the ATM charge.
How can I Cancel My Green Dot Account Online?
The Green Dot Card can be canceled in two ways. One way is to contact customer support at 866 291 0818 and have them close your account for you. the other is to do it yourself on their portal.