How Much to Paint a Car? You wouldn’t bother about how much it would cost to paint a car until the appearance of your car looks poor. With time, the paint on your car fades. This may be due to old age, the sun, and also the soap used on the car. Also, your vehicle may get scratched making it lose its sleeky look. With this, you would be left with no option but to give it a new look.
In this article, you would learn more about this topic and also how to carry out this job yourself. In addition to this, some questions you might have asked about this topic would be answered in detail. With this, you should read to the end.
How Much to Paint a Car?
You may be surprised to find out that the color you choose for your car would cost you more. Also, the white color is the easiest to use on your vehicle. While you want a repaint for your vehicle, choosing the right color may be quite difficult. This is because we love colors based on emotions. However, the color you pick would make you spend more or less to carry out the repainting service.
What is the Cheapest Color to Paint a Car?
While you are interested in giving your car a new look, you may be concerned about doing it at an affordable price. You should know that the color of the paint also determines the amount you would spend on repainting the car.
So, the cheapest colors to use are black, white, and grey. This is because they are basic or neutral colors and are also less expensive than other customized colors.
How Much Does a Car Paint Cost?
You can’t generalize the cost of car paints. This is because the more unique paints are more expensive. On Amazon, you can get a variety of car paints at affordable prices. You would also get a convenient delivery service if you wish. You learn how to purchase the product from the online store, you should keep on reading.
How to Purchase a Car Paint on Amazon
The steps below would guide you on how to purchase as many cans as you want on Amazon.
- With your internet-connected device click on this link Go through the list of items on the opened page.
- You can as well use the virtual keyboard to look for the particular color you want to buy.
- Choose the paint you wish to buy.
Having done this, you can add the item to your list and follow the on-screen instructions to complete your purchase.
How to Paint a Car at Home Yourself
Before you proceed to paint your car at home, you should be aware that this is not as easy as it looks and requires patience as you would be coating the car a couple of times. However, this should not discourage you like the step-by-step guide on how to paint your car at home would help you:
- Prepare a ventilated and dust-free area for the work (make sure this environment is free of anything that may lead to a fire outbreak).
- Pack all your Painting materials in a place where you can easily access them.
- Remove every chrome or plastic trim from the surface of the car.
- Clean the car and repair any rust with a metal grinder.
- For larger rusts, you can use an auto body filler.
- Use the sandpaper on the surface of your car in a circular motion. The aim of this is to give your paint a smooth, clean, and even surface to adhere to.
- Clean your car again with a rag soaked in mineral spirit.
- Cover the surfaces of your vehicle that you don’t want to be painted using masking tape and newspaper, such as mirrors, window trim, glass, grills, and door handles.
- Prime the surface of your car from top to bottom.
- Allow the primer to cure as recommended by the manufacturer then add 1-2 more coats.
- Sand the car again from top to bottom.
- With this, you are ready to paint the car.
- Apply the paint in thin and even coats using a side-to-side sweeping motion while holding your spray gun a few inches from your car’s surface.
- Follow the manufacturer’s drying instructions and apply as many coats as you want.
- After applying the last coat, sand the surface from top to bottom to remove the residues of powder.
- Apply a coated lacquer and remove the masking tapes and old newspapers.
- Buff the car either using your hand or a Buffing machine.
With this your car painting would be completed, this process may last up to six hours, and remember to put on your safety clothes. In conclusion, it is not easy to paint your car, and it’s not always easy on your budget. However, the shiny finishing of your freshly painted car is worth it.
How to Locate the Car Paint Shops Near Me
If you feel you can’t carry this job out by yourself, you can as well take your car to a shop to carry out this service.
Provided you have an access to the internet, you can locate one of the best local car paint shops near you. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Switch on the location on your internet-connected device.
- Open the web browser on the device.
- On the search field, enter the phrase “best car paint shops near me”.
- When the search results load, go through the list of shops on the page.
- Choose the one that suits you.
- Contact the number on the page or you can click on the available link on the page.
With this, you would be able to give your car a new look.