Do you want to know How the Facebook Avatar Works? The social media giant known as Facebook just keeps getting better, it never ceases to amaze its users with different features here and there. Have you been noticing those cute Bitmoji-like avatars all over your Facebook feed lately?
Facebook is getting in on this popular version of emojis that is meant to capture your likeness and make self-expression that much more fun online.
Everyone wants a chance to express themselves and right now Facebook is giving such an opportunity to its users. You can express yourself to your friends whether you are happy, sad, or angry with the many characters of avatars available for you to pick from.
There are things that are not allowed in the Facebook avatar, things like posting a nude picture are prohibited from this platform.
How the Facebook Avatar Works
Facebook enables its users to create animated avatar characters of themselves with the customized face, outfits, and hairstyles. This feature is quite similar to that of Snapchat and Apple’s Memoji avatars, the users can use the customized cartoon avatar in their Facebook comments, stories, as well as their profile picture.
The Facebook avatar can only be accessed in the main Facebook app as downloading it separately is not possible, so you have to be a Facebook user or download the app to access the avatar feature. But also have it in mind that you can use the avatar on messenger.
Furthermore, Facebook also provides its users with a variety of options to choose from to create a unique Avatar which you can make use of the Facebook avatar as a sticker in apps like Snapchat, Twitter, Mail, and Instagram.
How Do You Try an Avatar on Facebook?
If you are on a web browser, go to your Messenger or to the comment box anywhere on Facebook. Tap the sticker button that is next to the text box. If the option’s rolled out to you, you will immediately see an option to “Make Your Avatar.” Select it and get started.
Can Everyone Make a Facebook Avatar?
Well according to Fidji Simo, the head of the Facebook App, he said everyone should be able to access the avatars. To access the feature, people should tap on the three horizontal bars at the top right of their device screen before selecting “see more”. It should open the Avatar creator.”
How Do You Create an Avatar?
Below are the steps to creating an avatar on your Facebook;
- Well, you should open the Facebook app on your phone.
- Now click on the ‘More’ button which appears on the right corner of your screen. That appears like (three lines vertically).
- Then scroll down and tap on “See more”.
- Make sure to select the “Avatars” option.
- Then tap Next to Get Started.
- Also, select your preferred skin tone and tap on Next.
- Then choose a hairstyle for your avatar. You can select Short, Medium or Long and the color for your hairstyle.
- Now select your avatar’s face shape, complexion, and face lines.
- Also, select an eye shape and color for your avatar.
- In the next step, you should select the eyebrow shape and color.
- Also, you can add glasses for your avatar.
- Then customize the nose and mouth.
- You can select the beards and color of the facial hair.
- Then choose a body shape.
- Also, choose your avatar’s outfit.
- Finally, tap on Next and then “Done”.
Congratulations, with the above steps you have been able to create your own avatar successfully.