How do I apply for the Mackenzie Scott grant? Do you know? It is no doubt that the Mackenzie Scott grant is one of the top sorted after grants in the world for businesses. And if you are not making use of the opportunity for your business, then you should. That being said, continue reading to learn everything that there is to know in regard to the Mackenzie Scott grant program.
How Do I Apply For Mackenzie Scott Grant
The Scott R. MacKenzie Foundation is currently accepting applications for grants. To apply, you will need to submit an Initial Grant Application by April 30th. The application can be submitted online or by mail.
The Initial Grant Application will ask you to provide information about your organization, its mission, and its goals. You will also need to provide financial information and a description of how the grant funds would be used.
If your organization is selected for the next round of review, you will be asked to submit a Final Grant Application. The Final Grant Application will be more comprehensive and will require you to provide additional information about your organization and its plans for the grant funds.
The deadline for submitting the Final Grant Application is June 30th.
Here are the steps on how to apply for a Mackenzie Scott grant:
- Go to the Scott R. MacKenzie Foundation website and click on the “How to Apply” tab.
- Download the Initial Grant Application form.
- Complete the form and submit it by April 30th.
- If your organization is selected for the next round of review, you will be asked to submit a Final Grant Application.
- The Final Grant Application deadline is June 30th.
For more information, please visit the Scott R. MacKenzie Foundation website.
Here are some additional tips for applying for a Mackenzie Scott grant:
Make Sure That Your Organization Is Eligible For A Grant
The foundation only awards grants to 501(c)(3) organizations that are working to improve the lives of children and families in the United States.
Be Clear About Your Organization’s Mission and Goals
This here is very important. When you are outlining or talking about the mission and goals of your establishment, you need to be clear-cut and precise. Always know that you are not the only organization applying for the grant, so you should give them a reason why your organization should be considered for the grant. The foundation wants to fund organizations that are making a real difference in the world.
Provide Clear and Concise Financial Information
The foundation needs to know how you will use the grant funds. The foundation as mentioned wants to know if the funds if granted will be used for the right cause. And with that being said, you should always give well-detailed, clear, and concise information on how the funds will be used in general.
Write a Compelling Grant Proposal
The foundation will be reviewing hundreds of applications, so make sure yours stands out. In regards to writing a grant proposal, you can make research online on how to do this or you can instead hire the services of a professional to help you with it if you feel like you don’t have the time for it.
What Are the Eligibility Criteria for Mackenzie Scott Grant
The eligibility criteria for a Mackenzie Scott grant are as follows:
- The organization must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
- The organization must be located in the United States.
- The organization must have an annual operating budget of at least $1 million and no more than $5 million.
- The organization must have been in existence for at least three years.
- The organization must be working to improve the lives of children and families.
- The organization must have a clear and concise mission and goals.
- The organization must provide clear and concise financial information.
- The organization must write a compelling grant proposal.
The Mackenzie Scott Foundation also has a specific focus on equity, track record, community leadership, and team capacity. This means that organizations that are working to address systemic inequities, have a proven track record of success, are led by strong community leaders, and have a well-functioning team will be given preference.
If you are interested in applying for a Mackenzie Scott grant, you can find more information on the foundation’s website. The deadline for applications is usually in the spring.
MORE RELATED POSTS