HFG Emerging Scholars Awards 2023 | Harry Frank Guggenheim
The Harry Frank Guggenheim Foundation has announced the Application Call for the HFG Emerging Scholars Awards 2023! The awards were formerly referred to as the Harry Frank Guggenheim Dissertation Fellowships.
The Harry Frank Guggenheim – HFG Emerging Scholar Awards is designed to recognize promising graduate-student researchers in their final year of writing a doctoral dissertation examining a salient aspect of violence.
Proposals are invited from any of the natural and social sciences or allied disciplines that promise to increase understanding of the causes, manifestations, and control of violence and aggression. The Awards Program will give priority to research that addresses urgent, present-day problems of violence (what produces it, how it operates, and what prevents or reduces it).
The Harry Frank Guggenheim Foundation is interested in violence related to many subjects, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Family and intimate partner relationships
- Climate instability and natural resource competition
- Racial, ethnic, and religious conflict
- Political extremism and nationalism
Details About HFG Emerging Scholars Awards 2023
- Type: Postgraduate
- Organization: Harry Frank Guggenheim Foundation
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: February 1, 2023
Brief Information About Harry Frank Guggenheim Foundation
The Harry Frank Guggenheim Foundation was founded by Harry Guggenheim to support research on violence, aggression, and dominance.
HFG writes (He was convinced that solid, thoughtful, scholarly and scientific research, experimentation, and analysis would in the end accomplish more than the usual solutions impelled by urgency rather than understanding. HFG do not yet hold the solution to violence, but better analyses, more acute predictions, constructive criticisms, and new, effective ideas will come in time from investigations such as those supported by our grants).
Harry Frank Guggenheim Foundation also places priority on the study of neuroscience, genetics, animal behaviour, the social sciences, history, criminology, and the humanities which illuminate modern human problems.
The HFG Awards are offered to aid the study of aspects of violence related to youth, family relationships, media effects, crime, biological factors, intergroup conflict related to religion, ethnicity, and nationalism, and political violence deployed in war and sub-state terrorism.
Benefits of HFG Emerging Scholars Awards 2023
- The HFG Emerging Scholars award offers $25,000 for one year and contributes to the support of a doctoral candidate to enable the completion of a dissertation that advances the HFG research interests.
- However, the funds are available only to students for support during the final year of PhD studies.
Note that the award does not support doctoral research.
How to Apply for Harry Frank Guggenheim – HFG Emerging Scholars Awards 2023?
All Interested and qualified candidates should go to Harry Frank Guggenheim Foundation at: www.grantinterface.com to apply
Eligibility Criteria for HFG Emerging Scholars Award Qualification
- All Applicants for the HFG award must be PhD students entering the dissertation stage of graduate study.
- It is expected that fieldwork or other research is complete and writing has begun or will at the beginning of the award period.
- In the case where analysis and writing are not far enough along for an applicant to be confident that the dissertation will be completed within the award year, the application should not be submitted.
- The experimental fields require research and writing to be completed within the same year, and in those cases, it is appropriate to apply.
- Eligible Applicants may be citizens of any country and studying at colleges or universities in any country.
Important dates, Process for HFG Emerging Scholars Award 2023
- The Final decisions are made by the Board of Directors at its meeting in June. Candidates will be notified promptly by email of the Board’s decision.
- Usually, the awards start on September 1, however other starting dates (after July 1) may be requested if the nature of the project deems this appropriate.
February 1, 2023
CHECK THIS OUT: