Good news! Public Health Leaders in Africa can now apply for the Kofi Annan Global Health Leadership Program 2023.
The prestigious Kofi Annan Global Health Leadership Program, is designed to support aspirational public health leaders from Africa in acquiring advanced skills and competencies to strategize, and manage for the transformation of public health in Africa.
Kofi Annan Global Health Leadership Program 2023
In May 2020, Kofi Annan Global health Leadership Program, and Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention commonly called (Africa CDC, was launched by the African Union Commission in partnership with the Kofi Annan Foundation. The Program was later approver by the Governing Board of Africa CDC in March 2018.
Selection of Successful fellows for the program will be limited to senior public health professionals from African Union Member States. This Fellows are expected to contribute and mentor the next generation of public health leaders for the continent.
Summary of Kofi Annan Global Health Leadership Program
- Type: College School
- Organization: African Union
- Eligible Country: African
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: January 15, 2023
- Program Status: Open and accepting applications for the Third cohort
- fellowship commencement date: May 2023.
About African Union (AU)
The African Union (AU) is a continental union consisting of 55 member states, it is based on the continent of Africa. The Union was announced in the Sirte Declaration in Sirte, Libya, on the 9th of September 1999, calling for the establishment of the African Union.
It was established on 26 May 2001 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and launched on 9 July 2002 in Durban, South Africa. The establishment of African Union (AU) was to replace the Organization of African Unity (OAU), which was established on 25 May 1963 in Addis Ababa by 32 signatory governments; OAU was disbanded on 9 July 2002.
The primary aim of the OAU were to rid the continent of the remaining vestiges of colonization and apartheid; to promote unity and solidarity amongst African States; to coordinate and foster cooperation for development and to promote international cooperation.
Aim and Benefits of Kofi Annan Global Health Leadership Program 2023
- The African Union Global health Leadership Program aims to support aspirational Public Health Fellows from Africa in acquiring advanced skills and competencies to strategize and manage public health program that will eventually. transform public health in Africa.
- As part of the benefits, Africa CDC will provide all learning and development materials and meet all costs associated with the fellowship, including travel, daily allowance and insurance during the residential placements.
- Successful fellows will be supported to ensure that they have the relevant software for online learning.
How to Apply for African Union/Africa CDC Kofi Annan Global Health Leadership Program 2023 ?
- All Interested and qualified candidates should visit African Union on au.int to apply
- For more details, kindly visit African Union/Africa CDC website: https://africacdc.org/kofi-annan-global-health-leadership-programme/
Eligibility Criteria for African Union/Africa Kofi Annan Global Health Leadership Program Qualification
- Candidates must be citizens of an African Union Member State;
- Must have a postgraduate degree in a relevant field in public health to be eligible
- Expected to have relevant professional experience in any field of public health, including but not limited to one health, medicine, finance, health economics, health policy, animal health, or environmental health;
- All Successfully selected applicants will be informed by 31st March 2023.
- Candidates must be fully employed in any area of public health, in a private or public institution in Africa;
- Should be able to demonstrate the potential for effective public health leadership where they can positively impact the public health outcomes of populations.
Documents Required for Application
- A letter of support from the current employer, guaranteeing that the candidate will be allowed enough time to participate in the Fellowship program and to attend the full eight weeks of institutional residential experience.
- Recommendation letter from two reputable professional referees.
- A personal statement of 400 words maximum providing evidence of the candidate’s commitment to public health in Africa detailing the following:
- leadership experience and professional attainment
- Vision and the future impact of effective public health leadership in Africa
- A leadership challenge project proposal of maximum of 400 words showing potential leadership challenge project they will implement.
January 15, 2023
- Christmas Traditions in the United States of America
- Unlock Your Online Business Growth Potential with TikTok
- Easy Ways to Find Cheap Travel Flights for this Christmas Season
- Awesome Beauty and Party Supplies for 2023 – Best Deals Available at Amazon
- Caregiver Jobs with Visa Sponsorship in UK 2023 – APPLY NOW!