Speaking of Google My Business, everything is changing in the business world. With everything going online, it is very advisable to join the streams of businesses going online this 2022 by using the Google my business platform. This article will give you everything you need to know about google my business and how to harness the platform for the good of your business.
Google My Business
A Google business account is the major means by which you can claim ownership of your business profile, attain management rights to it and unlock some additional features to increase your visibility on the google search engine. This post will educate you in the following ways.
- What Google my Business is
- How to use the platform effectively
- How to create a Google my Business Account
- How to Login to your Google my Business page or Account.
Now, without waste of time, let’s move into the definition of Google my Business.
What is Google My Business?
This is a very effective tool online that enables you to manage and optimize your business profile on Google. Your Business profile is a term that describes your business‘ listings on Google. These profiles appear on google maps and in the local results of Google search. So if your business is listed on Google, it will appear when people search for a related term on Google.
Creating a Business profile on Google is the same thing as adding a place to Google maps. This is so easy, it is something anyone can do. All that Google will require from you is your business‘ name, location, and category. Once Google confirms that it is not a duplicate of another business, a profile will be created for that location.
Also, business profiles are always open for customers to give reviews, add photos, ask questions, and even answer questions. Google can also pull out things from the web and add them to your business profile.
What this all means is that a business profile can exist on its own on google apart from a Google My Business account. You and no one else have the ability to manage the information that it displays or the reviews it collects.
With the Google my business platform, one can access, customize, manage and enhance his/her business profile on Google. And this service is available to users for free.
Now that you know what Google my Business is, Let us move into how to use the platform effectively for marketing.
How to use Google My Business for Local Marketing
Now you understand that the Google business is not your business profile but a tool you can use to manipulate your business profile, to boost its visibility and effectiveness. Below are four major ways you can use Google Business to make your Business profile listing better and to increase your visibility.
- The first thing to note here is to engage the consumers. Use your business profile to relate with your customers. You can do this by responding to reviews, enabling direct messages, answering questions, and setting up associate alerts.
- Provide additional information about your business in your Google business dashboard. Extra information like working hours, a link to your websites, products and pricing, attributes, and other details that make your business unique.
- You can use the Google my business dashboard to gain insights into your audience and your local search performance. With this, you can know what to adjust for positive results.
- Another important thing to do is use local SEO. Incorporate keywords into your Business Profiles and perform other optimizations to help it rank in local results.
Google My Business Account
After knowing the fact that your business can become more visible and more discoverable with the Google business feature, the next step for the serious business person is to create an account. Now here is a brief and comprehensive way to do that.
How to create a Google My Business Account
Follow the steps below to create a Google my Business account.
- First of all, with a good browser (preferably the google chrome browser), go to www.google.com/business/.
- After that, click on the tab that says “Manage now” on the home page that shows up.
- This action will take you through the steps of creating an account. Follow the onscreen information,
One important thing to note is that creating a Google my business account does not create a business profile for you. It gives you access to it and the ability to customize it. It does not also automatically link you to your business profile.
After creating the Google my business account, you will also need to locate your separate business profile and then select the “claim this business or own this business” tab. Once you have done this, the google my business account will now be connected to your business profile and under your management.
Google My Business Login | How to Login to Google My Business Account
It is very easy to log in to your Google my business account. It has an auto-login on your Browser. All you have to do is go to the URL www.google.com/business/ and click on sign in on the home page of the website, you will be directed to your Google my business account.